Alrighty, since I didn't get this taken care of last week, here's this week's installment of Five Good Questions with Jimmy from Music City Miracles, SBNation's Tennessee Titans blog.
1) The big story coming out of Titan-land over the past couple of weeks has been the saga of Vince Young. With VY having issues other than the physical, can you speculate on what you see for Young's future with the franchise?
I have no idea how it will all play out. It is all up to Vince at this point. He has to develop the mental toughness that allows him to handle criticism and use it to make him better. He has never had to do that before. I have my doubts that he will be able too, but I sure hope he does.
2) An offshoot of that story has been the change at quarterback from Young to Kerry Collins, which is not dissimilar to what the Vikings have gone through with the change from Tarvaris Jackson to Gus Frerotte. What does Collins bring to the table that, apparently, makes the Titans offense better with him at the controls?
The Titans receivers are not very good, so they need to know exactly where the ball is going to be and when it is going to be there. Collins makes accurate throws on time. VY wasn't doing that. Collins also takes care of the ball, which is all Jeff Fisher really wants his quarterback to do.
3) The Titans have allowed the fewest points in the league through three weeks, but they've played three teams that, at the moment, appear to be rather weak offensively. The Titan defense is obviously very good, but just how good are they, in your opinion?
They have the best defensive tackle, defensive end combination in Haynesworth and Vanden Bosch in the league. They have 3 solid linebackers, and two guys in the secondary, Cortland Finnegan and Michael Griffin, that are on there way to beings stars. In my opinion, this defense has a chance to be the best defense in the league.
4) We know about the big names on the Tennessee squad. . .Haynesworth, Bulluck, Vanden Bosch, and so forth. . .who's one of the more unheralded Titans that will play a major role for Tennessee on Sunday?
Michael Griffin. Griffin was the Titans' first round draft pick in 2007, and has 3 interceptions and 1 sack this season. He has great ball skills and plays the run well.
5) How do you see Sunday's game playing out on the field?
I see the game being a slug fest that isn't decided until the 4th quarter. Both teams will stick with the run because it is what they do, but neither will have the success that they usually do. Collins will make a couple of good throws on a drive late in the 4th quarter that will lead to a Rob Bironas game winning field goal.
Thanks to Jimmy for taking the time out to answer these questions. I might have to disagree with his assessment of Haynesworth and Vanden Bosch being the best DE/DT combo in the league. . .they might not even be the best DE/DT combo on the field on Sunday, considering that Jared Allen and Kevin Williams are going to be in town.
Jimmy's also taken the time to field questions from you folks himself in one of the FanPosts over on the right-hand side there. Go ahead and check it out!
That's all for now, ladies and gentlemen. I'll have to get my Blogger Deathsport picks up later on tonight, so stay tuned for that, and get ready for tomorrow!