Living in Nebraska I've never had an opportunity to take in a Viking game.
My roommate (fellow Viking fan) and I decided to knock this off the bucket list and choose this game before the season.
Bought tickets in the end zone. Fourteen rows up. On Adrian Peterson's long run it felt like he was running right at us. Incredible feeling.
Here are my thoughts:
- I had never been to any NFL game and thing that stood out the most was how many jerseys were prevalent. Insane. On the same note, why the hell are people wearing any of the following: Michael Bennett, Daunte Culpeper, Chris Hovan, Dwayne Rudd, Erasmus James (could have been personalized) or Gus Ferrotte? If you are willing to spend money on a jersey at least update to someone better. I find Randy Moss, Chris Carter, Randell Cunningham, John Randel and Matt Birk acceptable because they were incredibly important at one time or another.
- Continuing the jersey theme, I wore a Peterson one. I've never conformed so much in my life. Pretty awesome. First jersey I've ever owned. If I were to get another it'd probably be Winfield.
- Bathroom lines are ridiculous. Hell walking in that concourse is ridiculous.
- Cheerleaders looked better far away than up close.
- The Metrodome is far smaller than I realized.
- My roommate remarked on the drive home, "They have a really dumb chant." I actually really enjoyed Skol Viking and knew going in how often it would occur. Not sure how or why it annoyed him.
- Traffic enraged both of us. The 35-W detour was pretty poorly marked and we struggled to get out of town.
- I can't wait to comeback. I go to and cover the University of Nebraska Cornhuskers football team but the atmosphere after the win on Sunday was just wild.