All Eight NFC Playoff Seeding Scenarios for This Weekend

As we've all heard by now, the six playoff teams in the NFC have been determined, and five of those six teams have no idea where they're going to be seeded.  Some of those teams have limited possibilities, while a couple of others could fall anywhere between the #2 seed and the #6 seed, depending on this Sunday's action.

There are three games that are going to determine all of the NFC seedings.  The only early game of the three tilts is our game against the Giants.  The other two games that will determine the seedings are late games, and those games are Green Bay at Arizona and Philadelphia at Dallas.  From this, there are eight different scenarios that could come about for the 5 teams that need seeds to settle into.

And, after the jump, I'll give you each and every one of those scenarios and what the results would be.

Scenario #1 - Minnesota beats New York, Philadelphia beats Dallas, Arizona beats Green Bay

2) Philadelphia Eagles
3) Minnesota Vikings
4) Arizona Cardinals
5) Green Bay Packers
6) Dallas Cowboys

Scenario #2 - Minnesota beats New York, Philadelphia beats Dallas, Green Bay beats Arizona

2) Philadelphia Eagles
3) Minnesota Vikings
4) Arizona Cardinals
5) Green Bay Packers
6) Dallas Cowboys

Scenario #3 - Minnesota beats New York, Dallas beats Philadelphia, Arizona beats Green Bay

2) Minnesota Vikings
3) Arizona Cardinals
4) Dallas Cowboys
5) Philadelphia Eagles
6) Green Bay Packers

Scenario #4 - Minnesota beats New York, Dallas beats Philadelphia, Green Bay beats Arizona

2) Minnesota Vikings
3) Dallas Cowboys
4) Arizona Cardinals
5) Green Bay Packers
6) Philadelphia Eagles

Scenario #5 - New York beats Minnesota, Philadelphia beats Dallas, Arizona beats Green Bay

2) Philadelphia Eagles
3) Arizona Cardinals
4) Minnesota Vikings
5) Green Bay Packers
6) Dallas Cowboys

Scenario #6 - New York beats Minnesota, Philadelphia beats Dallas, Green Bay beats Arizona

2) Philadelphia Eagles
3) Minnesota Vikings
4) Arizona Cardinals
5) Green Bay Packers
6) Dallas Cowboys

Scenario #7 - New York beats Minnesota, Dallas beats Philadelphia, Arizona beats Green Bay

2) Arizona Cardinals
3) Dallas Cowboys
4) Minnesota Vikings
5) Philadelphia Eagles
6) Green Bay Packers

Scenario #8 - New York beats Minnesota, Dallas beats Philadelphia, Green Bay beats Arizona

2) Dallas Cowboys
3) Minnesota Vikings
4) Arizona Cardinals
5) Green Bay Packers
6) Philadelphia Eagles

So, as you can see, the Vikings have a 25% chance of being the #2 seed (both of those scenarios include a win over New York, obviously), a 50% chance of being the #3 seed, and a 25% chance of being the #4 seed.

(HUGE thanks to Troy Newell over at TalkVikes for figuring this jumble out.)

It goes without saying that we're big Dallas Cowboy fans as of 3 PM on Sunday.  Unless of course we lose, in which case. . .nah, screw it, we're not losing.

Later this morning, I'll be sitting down for a chat with the folks from Big Blue View (rather than the standard five questions).  As soon as we get that knocked out, I'll have it up here for your viewing pleasure.  Keep enjoying the last day of the decade, ladies and gentlemen!

X
Log In Sign Up

forgot?
Log In Sign Up

Please choose a new SB Nation username and password

As part of the new SB Nation launch, prior users will need to choose a permanent username, along with a new password.

Your username will be used to login to SB Nation going forward.

I already have a Vox Media account!

Verify Vox Media account

Please login to your Vox Media account. This account will be linked to your previously existing Eater account.

Please choose a new SB Nation username and password

As part of the new SB Nation launch, prior MT authors will need to choose a new username and password.

Your username will be used to login to SB Nation going forward.

Forgot password?

We'll email you a reset link.

If you signed up using a 3rd party account like Facebook or Twitter, please login with it instead.

Forgot password?

Try another email?

Almost done,

By becoming a registered user, you are also agreeing to our Terms and confirming that you have read our Privacy Policy.

Join Daily Norseman

You must be a member of Daily Norseman to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at Daily Norseman. You should read them.

Join Daily Norseman

You must be a member of Daily Norseman to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at Daily Norseman. You should read them.

Spinner.vc97ec6e

Authenticating

Great!

Choose an available username to complete sign up.

In order to provide our users with a better overall experience, we ask for more information from Facebook when using it to login so that we can learn more about our audience and provide you with the best possible experience. We do not store specific user data and the sharing of it is not required to login with Facebook.

tracking_pixel_9341_tracker