I have had an itch to make a poll, so why not.
Before Josh McDaniels and Jay Cutler couldn't get along, I knew McDaniels mostly as one of the faceless guys I could hire in Brad Childress's place in the Madden universe and improve my team quite a bit. Fantasy isn't always reality, but it was great to think that there could be some young coach out there who could get along with whomever was on the roster, build on what was there already, and win a Super Bowl in about 3 years.
I really wanted to make six polls, so here are the first five to be discussed in the comments (and feel free to discuss the offficial question in comments, too):
1) Before Jay Cutler was traded to Chicago, what was your impression of Josh McDaniels relative to Brad Childress?
2) Do you think that Josh McDaniels tried to trade for Matt Cassel because McDaniels believed Cassel to be genuinely better than Cutler or for the familiarity factor of having his guy running the team?
3) Who do you believe is the better QB, Cutler or Cassel?
4) Any members of the Kyle Orton fan club out there?
5) Did anyone read Mel Kiper Jr.'s recent column about Cutler being overrated from day one? Didn't Mel hype him as the best QB of his draft class? Wasn't he right about that after all? What is he thinking? (I don't have insider access.)
After Jay Cutler was traded to Chicago, your impression of Josh McDaniels has been...
Only an idiot would lose Jay Cutler by trying to trade for a worse QB anyway. (30 votes)
Wow, maybe Brad Childress isn't the only head coach who is allergic to talent after all. (54 votes)
Good move getting rid of the crybaby, and look at all those the draft picks! (63 votes)
147 total votes