“We believe adding a player such as Brett Favre to our mix will be a strong positive for this football team,” said Head Coach Brad Childress. “As we have conveyed before, his unique knowledge of our system, the NFC North and his innate skills make this a rare opportunity. We felt there was a brief window to reconsider the possibility and we owed it to the organization to evaluate our options. After thorough discussion, the same variables that made this a unique and positive situation previously, still exist. Now, our attention turns to getting to work as a team, our next practice and preparing for the season.”
There's only one word to describe what is occurring at Winter Park: Favrestock. The news isn't slowing down as this wild day continues, so we'll do this in bullet point form. I'll be adding to this post as news breaks.
- Vikings.com asks: Are you ready 4 some football?
- Press conference will be held at 5:00p today.
- Favre jerseys are now available.
- The scene at Winter Park when he arrived.
- Favre's on the field and taking snaps as I type this. He entered the field at about 1:30p.
- Mike McCarthy had this to day: "I'm not surprised by it. I don't think anybody should be surprised by it." Translation: Noooo! The Vikings just solidified their status as NFC North favorites!
- John David Booty now wears #9.
- I've heard from a number of people that Ticketmaster was crashing while they were attempting to buy tickets this morning. Judging by the level of excitement at Winter Park, I'd be surprised if any tickets remain.
- Mortensen: Deal is worth between $10 million and $12 million.
- Just taped an interview with Minnesota Public Radio -- I'll let you know if/when audio is posted online.