I know we should be concentrating on the Giants, but who can pass up an opportunity to chide our neighbors to the east? I got this from the Washington Post Express (inside the brackets is me).
Which Packers do you think you were involved???
We run items from all over the country, but Wisconsin is a magnet for strange/stupid occurrences. Here are five of the state’s oddest 2009 happenings:
1. Sticky Situation: A 37-year old Fond u Lac man went to a motel room for a romantic tryst, but instead was assaulted by four women who used Krazy Glue to attach his penis to his stomach. [Johnny Jolly was told there was a sale on pills? The women are linked to the MVC.]
2. Logo Fail #1: The Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, which runs elections and oversees ethics laws, was forced to defend its new logo from claims that it resembled the classic symbol for anarchy.
3. Logo Fail #2: After being made fun of on Web sites and blogs, the Wisconsin Tourism Federation decided to change its name because its initials – WTF – form a crude acronym.
4. Banana Binge: In Fond du Lac, a man wearing an ape costume attempted to steal banana displays from inside local gas stations. Police weren’t sure what his motive was. [Mike McCarthy after the Vikings acquired #4?]
5. Hot-dog Hijinks: The Oscar Meyer Wienermobile crashed into a Mount Pleasant home after the 22-year-old driver of the vehicle hit the gas thinking it was in drive. It was actually in reverse, sending the Wienermobile into the deck and garage of the home. [AJ Hawk, b/c you are what you eat!]