2nd Update: It is PurpleEaters' Birthday today so please feel free to spam him with your wishes.
1st Update: Now that I am at work today, I got the time to update the stats and records and add a poll at the end. Any inconvenience is regretted.
@Favre: For about 20 years you were one of the most hated man in Minnesota. The fact that many Vikings will hate you again after you leave our team is a testament to your excellence in this game. That is how well you have played and made us angry over the years. But for now the Vikings Nation wishes you a Very Happy Birthday and salutes your achievements:
- Consecutive starts as a quarterback: 286 (310 including playoffs)
- Consecutive starts as a position player: 286 (310 including playoffs)
- Career regular-season victories by a starting quarterback: 181 (Regular-season record: 181–105)
- Wins by a starting quarterback in one stadium: 90, Lambeau Field (including once as a Minnesota Viking)
- Wins by a starting quarterback against a single opponent: 28, Detroit Lions (19–0 in home games)
- Completions, Attempts, Passing Yards, Touchdown Passes against a single opponent: Detroit Lions: 790 completions, 1,247 attempts, 9,219 passing yards, 60 touchdown passes
- Career passing touchdowns: 499
- Career passing yards: 69,725
- Career pass completions: 6,098
- Career pass attempts: 9,838
- Career games with at least 1 touchdown pass: 243
- Career games with at least 2 touchdown passes: 157
- Career games with at least 3 touchdown passes: 71
- Career games with at least 4 touchdown passes: 23
- Career games with at least 200 passing yards: 202
- (2nd) Career games with at least 300 passing yards: 61 (Dan Marino is 1st with 63)
- One of 11 quarterbacks to throw a 99 yard TD pass (longest possible pass)
- Touchdown passes of 80+ yards: 9
- Touchdown passes of 70+ yards: 15
- Touchdown passes of 20+ yards: 165
- 1 yard touchdown passes: 37
- 1 yard touchdown passes, passer/receiver combination: 8, Brett Favre/Bubba Franks
- Career games with at least 30 completions: 24 (Peyton Manning is 2nd with 18)
- Career games with at least 20 completions: 185 (Peyton Manning is 2nd with 138)
- Brett Favre & Sterling Sharpe tied Dan Marino & Mark Clayton's record for most passer/receiver touchdown combinations in a season in 1994: 18-broken by Tom Brady and Randy Moss(23) in 2007.
- (2nd) Consecutive games with a TD pass: 36 (Johnny Unitas, 47)
- (2nd) Consecutive seasons with a TD pass: 19 (Vinny Testaverde, 21)
- Most consecutive AP NFL MVP awards: 3 (1995–1997)
- Career playoff pass completions: 481
- Career playoff pass attempts: 791
- Career playoff passing yards: 5,855
- (2nd) Career playoff passing touchdowns: 44 (Montana, 45)
- (5th) Career playoff wins as starting QB: 13 (Joe Montana, 16; Tom Brady, 14; Terry Bradshaw, 14; John Elway, 14)
- Only quarterback to have led a team to victory over all thirty-two teams in the league since the NFL first expanded to 32 franchises in 2002.
- Recorded the most victories in different NFL stadiums (32).
- One of four quarterbacks to lead the league in touchdown passes four times. The others are Johnny Unitas, Len Dawson and Steve Young.
- First known player to be a grandfather while active in the NFL.
- Oldest Starting Quarterback to win a playoff game by beating Dallas in the 2009 Divisional Playoff game at 40 years and 99 days beating Phil Simms mark of 39 years and 68 days.
- Have engineered 43 fourth quarter or overtime victories.
Once Favre retires will you love or hate him:
Irrespective of outcome of this season - will love him for giving us last season (10 votes)
Only love him if we win SB this year (1 vote)
Irrespective of outcome of this season - will hate him for his Green Bay years (0 votes)
Irrespective of outcome of this season - Just respect him for his career (nothing personal). (10 votes)
This FanPost was created by a registered user of The Daily Norseman, and does not necessarily reflect the views of the staff of the site. However, since this is a community, that view is no less important.