Yes, ladies and gentlemen, it's getting to be that time of year again. If you've looked at the countdown timer on the left-hand side of the page, you'll see we're less than 40 days away from the Vikings heading to training camp, which means it's just about the right time to get going on Fantasy Football for 2010!
The past couple of seasons, the official DN league has gone with another service, but this year we've gotten an opportunity to team up with the best there is. The folks at CBSSports.com have graciously offered their services to all of the good readers of The Daily Norseman at a deeply discounted price. Normally, CBSSports.com charges $180 for their Fantasy Commissioner services, which would be worth it all on its own. . .however, thanks to the partnership that SBNation and The Daily Norseman have forged with CBSSports.com, if you want to set up your own league through their service, you can do so for half the price. . .that's $90, folks.
As someone who has been in numerous leagues through this service over the years, I can't stress what a good deal this is. There's also a 14-day free trial for you to take a look around at the site and determine whether or not it's what you want for your league. But this is the service I'm going to be using for the Official Daily Norseman Fantasy Football League for 2010, because it offers so much more than any other service currently available for fantasy football.
So why would you want too run your league through the CBSSports.com Fantasy Football Commissioner? Well, let me give you a few pretty good reasons.
- You, as the commissioner, will be able to customize every aspect of your league. . .scoring systems, roster rules, tiebreakers, the whole nine yards.
- Multiple draft options. . .do you want to try a league that's either AFC-only or NFC-only? How about a baseball-style auction draft? CBSSports.com Fantasy Football Commissioner allows you to do that and more!
- The ability to access your team from your mobile phone. Stuck at Sunday dinner. . .or church, even. . .knowing you have someone in your lineup that's on a bye week? Change it through the power of your mobile phone! (Although I don't know if I'd actually advise setting your fantasy football lineup during church. . .I'm just saying you can, that's all.)
- CBSSports.com Fantasy Football Commissioner also has the fastest, most accurate live scoring in the fantasy football universe. (And if you or the rest of the league don't agree with a decision, you have the ability to manually override it yourself!)
- Archiving of league data in order to pick up where you left off, as well as the option to make your league a keeper league.
- And too many other perks/advantages to list here!
So, go ahead. . .check out CBSSports.com Fantasy Football Commissioner and see if it's right for you and your league. At $90, the cost is only $9/person for the season if you're running a 10-team league. . .or $7.50/person if you've got a 12-team league. . .or $3/person for the season if you're running a 30-team league! (If that's what you want, CBSSports.com Fantasy Football Commissioner will allow you to do just that.) Just use this link right here to make sure that you get your 50% discount.
More details on the Official DN League will be forthcoming in the next couple of days. It's going to be a 10-team league. . .I'm going to be in it. Ted's going to be in it. Eric's going to be in it. And seven of you good folks out there are going to be in it. I haven't determined which seven, or determined how I'm going to determine which seven, but it will be highly organized and/or scientific, I'm sure.
Continue enjoying your weekend, ladies and gentlemen, and we'll see you back here tomorrow!