We, as Vikings fans, are in a funk. We're having a tough season, our Coach is committed to a QB that has the killer instinct of a puppy, our O-Line is terrible, Antoine Winfield is hurt, etc... You get it... These facts are only put together to give us some optimism... Maybe they'll give us a little hope for our future... I know they did for me.
I present- The Christian Ponder Facts
1. During his junior and senior seasons at Florida State, Christian Ponder completed 105 of 133 passes (78.9%) for 1,156 yards when the game was tied.
2. When his team was losing by a margin of 1-7, Ponder completed 116 of 180 passes (64.4%) for 1,380 yards with 5 TDs and 1 INT.
3. Ponder completed 69 of 112 passes (61.6%) for 779 yards with 5 TDs and 2 INTs in the 4th Quarter.
4. Against AP ranked teams – 72 for 117 (61.5%), 846 yards, 9 TDs and 3 INTs.
5. Ponder completed 45 of 72 attempts for 373 yards with 22 TDs and only 1 INT in the red zone.
6. When faced with 3rd and goal, he converted 8 of 11 attempts for 44 yards with 7 TDs and zero INTs.
7. In total on 3rd downs, Ponder had a college passer rating of 131.0 and a TD/INT ratio of 20-8.
8. In 4th quarter come-from-behind wins, Ponder had a 67.5% completion rate with a 160.7 college passer rating with 2 TD's and 0 INT's.
Now, I'm a Ponder fan, but this is not made to gloat about him... Not at all. This was simply put together by me to maybe give us hope, give us excitement for the future, and most of all, to stop hearing nothing but bad news about the Vikings... So, I put together some college stats about our QBOTF (who has never played an actual NFL snap, but shows a lot of promise and is a great leader. (Is that good, kcskol? ha))