I think it's a pretty sad thing that our Viking Fan Confidence graph (located at the top left of the DN site) shows fan confidence pretty much back to where it was before the season started. Ouch! Why is that? Skip below for my thoughts (such as they are):
- Porous, sloppy Secondary that never gelled (for some weird reason that word just looks wrong). Remind me again why we were too smart to pick up Leigh Bodden when the Patriots cut him?
- The other chief culprit: a porous (there's that word again), horribly inconsistent Offensive line that's been about as effective as the Maginot Line was for the French. (Google is your pal.)
- A washed-up Veteran QB to start the season and a young but apparently talented Rookie QB trying to get his feet settled and work with the Wide Receiver corps he was dealt (See point #4 below)
- A subpar WR corps at best - with apologies to the ever-amazing Percy Harvin and the workmanlike and somewhat productive Michael Jenkins.
- Sloppy and confused coaching
The good news, despite all the gnashing of teeth and rending of Green Bay Packer anything, is that we'll get better as time goes by. It all cycles around. What's up is down, left is right, dogs and cats....well, you get the idea. Plus it looks like we may, just possibly, have found our permanent QB of the future. All we can do in this lost season is try to enjoy watching our favorite team (who at the very least, hasn't totally cashed it in ::: cough, cough, COLTS, cough :::).