The Vikings' new stadium would be located on the western edge of downtown, near the Twins' Target Field.
The plan's 10 initiatives include:
1. Double the downtown residential population to 70,000.
2. Transform Nicollet Mall into a "must see" regional and even national destination.
3. Build Gateway Park, a "central park" that would create a "grand connection" between downtown and the Mississippi River.
4. Create a consistently compelling downtown experience of arts and entertainment.
5. Establish a downtown sports district that includes a new Vikings stadium and a renovated Target Center.
6. Lead the nation in entertainment options.
7. Create and sustain a green infrastructure.
8. Forge connections to the University of Minnesota, including a residential district on the Metrodome site.
9. End street homelessness.
10. Launch a festival of ideas, apparently a festival concept that's been used successful in other cities.