The Vikings are in the 3rd spot now due to the win yesterday.
So here goes a draft with some Xmas trades for fun ...
Here is an current mock with two compensatory picks. I am hoping for one compensatory pick to be at the end of the third round and the other at the end of the seventh. Also the Vikings traded their 6th round pick to Washington for McNabb. They also are set to receive New England's 7th round pick for the Moss trade, the Giant's probable 7th round pick for the Sage Rosenfels & Darius Reynauld trade, and Cleveland's probable 6th round pick for the Jayme Mitchell trade.
The Vikings trade the #3 pick (2200 points) and the #98 pick (108 points) to the Washington Redskins for the #7 (1500 points), #39 (510 points), #71 (235 points), & #113 (68 points) picks. In this scenario Washington gets Robert Griffin III.
So the first 6 picks look like this ...
1. Indianapolis - Andrew Luck QB
2. St Louis - Matt Kalil OT
3. Washington - Robert Griffin III QB
4. Jacksonville - Morris Claiborne CB
5. Cleveland - Quintin Coples DE
6. Tampa Bay - Trent Richardson RB
Now the Vikings are up and they make another trade. The Vikings trade the #7 overall pick (1500 points) to the Seattle Seahawks for the #14 (1100 points) & #46 (440 points) picks. In this scenario Seattle gets Landry Jones.
I think picks 7 through 13 will go like this ...
7. Seattle - Landry Jones QB
8. Miami - Riley Reiff OT
9. Carolina - Dre Kirkpatrick CB
10. Buffalo - Justin Blackmon WR (fixed thanks)
11. Kansas City - Luke Kuechly LB
12. Philadelphia - Zach Brown LB
13. Arizona - Jonathan Martin OT
So now the Vikings are up and have a choice to make. They are looking at David DeCastro, Michael Floyd, Zach Brown, or Devon Still. But Cincinnati wants to move up to #14 and take a CB. So the Vikings make yet another trade. The Vikings trade the #14 overall pick (1100 points) to the Cincinnati Bengals for the #17 (950 points) & #87 (155 points) picks. In this scenario Cincinnati gets Alfonzo Dennard CB.
I think picks 14 through 16 will go like this ...
14. Cincinnati - Alfonzo Dennard CB
15. San Diego - David DeCastro OG
16. Chicago - Michael Floyd WR
So finally the Vikings get to pick and have these picks ...
17,35,39,46,67,71,87,comp,113,131,165,195,212,222,& another comp
17. Devon Still DT rSR Penn State 6-4 310 5.06
33. Kelechi Osemele OG rSR Iowa State 6-5 347 5.40
39. Mark Barron SS SR Alabama 6-2 218 4.56
46. Alameda Ta'amu DT SR Washington 6-3 337 5.22
67. Kevin Zeitler OG SR Wisconsin 6-4 318 5.26
71. Andrew Datko OT SR Florida State 6-6 321 5.23
87. Doug Martin RB SR Boise State rSR 5-9 210 4.48
comp. James Michael Johnson ILB rSR Nevada 6-1 240 4.68
113. Jarius Wright WR SR Arkansas 5-10 180 4.34
131. Jamell Fleming CB rSR Oklahoma 5-11 192 4.54
165. Evan Rodriguez FB/HB rSR Temple 6-2 250 4.67
195. Derek Wolfe DT rSR Cincinnati 6-5 300 5.16
212. Jeff Allen OT SR Illinois 6-4 315 5.26
222. Robert Golden CB/FS SR Arizona 5-11 200 4.54
comp. Rishard Matthews WR SR Nevada 6-1 215 4.54
Demario Davis OLB SR Arkansas State 6-3 230 4.60
Josh Kaddu OLB SR Oregon 6-3 236 4.67
Jeff Adams OT SR Columbia 6-6 305 5.02
Kelcie McCray FS rSR Arkansas State 6-2 195 4.48
Corey Mosley FS rSR Virginia 5-10 200 4.51
Devon Ramsey FB SR North Carolina 6-2 250 4.68
Devon Wylie WR rSR Fresno State 5-10 185 4.38
Derek Moye WR rSR Penn State 6-4 210 4.54
Hebron Fangupo DT rSR BYU 6-1 331 5.06
Josh Norman CB SR Coastal Carolina 6-1 190 4.54
Curtis Greenwood CB SR Albion 6-1 186 4.39
Now here is a list of the players that will not be back with the team.
At the top of the list is a player who is retiring. The People's Champion. Everyone take a moment of silence and pour a little of your drink out.
Jimmy Kleinsasser - 3.0 mil
These players will not be back.
EJ Henderson - Visanthe Shiancoe - Eric Frampton - Fred Evans - Tyrell Johnson - Greg Camarillo - Kenny Onatolu - Benny Sapp - Devin Aromashodu - Lorenzo Booker - Xavier Adibi - Joe Berger - Husain Abdullah - Antoine Winfield - Steve Hutchinson - Cedric Griffen - Anthony Herrera - Remi Ayodele
Here are the free agents I would sign.
Now here is the roster for 2012 ...
QB - Christian Ponder, Joe Webb, Sage Rosenfels
RB - Adrian Peterson, Toby Gerhart, Doug Martin, Caleb King*
FB - Ryan D'Imperio, Evan Rodriguez
TE - Kyle Rudolph, Allen Reisner, Mickey Shuler*
WR - Michael Jenkins, Percy Harvin, Pierre Garcon, Stephen Burton, Jarius Wright, Rishard Matthews*
OT - Phil Loadholt, Charlie Johnson, Andrew Datko, Jeff Allen, Patrick Brown
OG - Kelechi Osemele, Kevin Zeitler, Demarcus Love
C - John Sullivan, Brandon Fusco
P - Chris Kluwe
K - Ryan Longwell
LS - Cullen Leoffler
DE - Jared Allen, Brian Robison, Everson Griffen, Christian Ballard, D'Aundre Reed
DT - Kevin Williams, Letroy Guion, Devon Still, Alameda Ta'amu, Derek Wolfe
LB - Chad Greenway, Dan Connor, Erin Henderson, Jasper Brinkley, Larry Dean, James Michael Johnson, Demario Davis*
CB - Brandon Carr, Chris Cook, Brandon Burton, Marcus Sherels, Asher Allen, Jamell Fleming
S - Michael Griffin, Mark Barron, Jamarca Sanford, Mistral Raymond, Robert Golden*
Feel free to make your own mock using the draft picks above.
This FanPost was created by a registered user of The Daily Norseman, and does not necessarily reflect the views of the staff of the site. However, since this is a community, that view is no less important.