Anyways, the pick is in for the Dallas Cowboys, and Jerry Jones and Rodger Goodell, hand-in-hand at the podium, say in unison- "With the ninth pick overall, the Dallas Cowboys select... Tyron Smith of USC!"
After shaking the comish and JJ's hands, and proudly holding up a Cowboys jersey, Smith is then told that there are cookies out back. When he goes to investigate, he is promptly locked out of the building... and discovers the previous picks have all faced the same fate.
Anyways, so the first OT is off of the board now, and perhaps the Cowboys will be keeping their QBs a little more upright in the future thanks to it. Smith beat out his OT competition Anthony Castonzo, and in general took the vote with 33%. In second place was DE DaQuan Bowers, raking in 17%. We now move onto the tenth pick overall (almost at the Vikings!), the Washington Redskins. As can be said about pretty much every team in the top thirteen, there are several directions the ‘Skins could go here, as there are holes all over the place that desperately need filling. Will they finally find a WR worth, well, being paid a WR's salary? Will they upgrade their QB situation? Boost the defense?
A quick recap of who's gone so far:
1. Carolina Panthers - Cam Newton, QB, Auburn
2. Denver Broncos - Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU
3. Buffalo Bills - Marcell Dareus, DT, Alabama
4. Cincinnati Bengals - Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri
5. Arizona Cardinals - Von Miller, LB, Texas A&M
6. Cleveland Browns - A.J. Green, WR, Georgia
7. San Francisco 49ers - Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska
8. Tennessee Titans - Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn
9. Dallas Cowboys - Tyron Smith, OT, USC