Mock Goodell accepts the mock slip from mock Scott Pioli*, and in a deep baritone voice, announces- "With the twentieth pick in the 2011 Daily Norseman Mock Draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select... Anthony Castonzo, Offensive Tackle, Boston College!"
So it appears that the top rated offensive linemen are starting to move off the board, after what I would have considered a surprising drop for the top three. Nate Solder has yet to find a home- perhaps that will happen in this round.
We're onto the twenty-first pick, and the team here is a bit of a surprise in that it's a rather low round for them- the perennial contenders, the Indianapolis Colts. Unlike us, the Colts obviously have no need for quarterback- however, like us, they are suffering from age in several key areas. In fact, for a team that has made at least a playoff appearance for what I believe has been fifty years in a row, they actually have some glaring weaknesses to address. I would say that with Peyton Manning at the helm (and, he is recently the father of twins- congratulations to him), they're going to be at least making the playoffs for quite some time. However, if he wants to get the elusive second Super Bowl ring, he's going to need several key spots addressed.
The Colts got a bit of a surprise in the run game later in the season with the re-acquisition of Dominic Rhodes, but they could use a bit more depth there. I mentioned Nate Solder being a strong potential here- the Colts O-line is another key area suffering from age, and this caused considerable problems for them last season. On the defensive side of the ball, defensive tackle remains a sore spot on the D-line, as it has for some time now. One could be tempted to think that with the release of Bob Sanders, safety could be a priority- but not only do I see a severe lack of talent in safety in this draft, but one should also remember that Sanders really didn't play much for the Colts the previous couple of seasons, so he won't exactly be ‘missed'.
But then again, this is all the conjecture of one man. What say you, faithful DN'ers? Where will the Colts go with their first round pick in 2011?
*He's the Chief's GM. I had to Google it, won't lie.
- - , quarterback, Auburn
- - , cornerback, LSU
- - , defensive tackle, Alabama
- - , quarterback, Missouri
- - , linebacker, Texas A&M
- - , wide receiver, Georgia
- - , cornerback, Nebraska
- - , defensive tackle, Auburn
- - , offensive tackle, USC
- - , wide receiver, Alabama
- - , defensive end, Clemson
- - , quarterback, Washington
- - , defensive end, North Carolina
- - , defensive end, California
- - , running back, Alabama
- - , defensive end, Wisconsin
- - , defensive end/outside linebacker, Missouri
- San Diego Chargers - Ryan Kerrigan, defensive end, Purdue
- New York Giants - Mike Pouncey, offensive guard, Florida
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Adrian Clayborn, defensive end, Iowa
- Kansas City Chiefs - Anthony Castonzo, offensive tackle, Boston College