What are people's thoughts on trading Allen for a great WR? I'm not sure about how I would feel about it but from what I gather the arguments for are:
- We actually have depth at that position
- He's older, and he's probably peaked in popularity (kind of like a share in a company, It's believed it's time to sell Allen, and we'd get the most out of him)
- Three good DEs are not nearly as useful as two good WRs, or more draft picks.
The counterarguments, from what I can tell, sound something like:
- He's a leader on defense, he plays well, and he's a good model for our younger guys.
- Don't get rid of a good thing, Allen's playing at a high level right now.
- What if one of our DEs goes down?
- He gets tons of attention, our entire defense would suffer if Allen wasn't getting the huge amount of attention he does from RBs and TEs.
Some trades I could imagine:
J. Allen to any team for a 1st and a 3rd rounder, or two 2nd rounders.
J. Allen to New Orleans for M. Colston
J. Allen to Tennesee for Kenny Britt and a 2nd rounder
J. Allen to Denver for D. Thomas and another draft pick
J. Allen to Buffalo for Stevie Johnson
Just my thoughts, I wanted to get a feel for what the bloggers of the Daily Norseman thought about this possibility. I think one large factor is the now vs. later idea, trading Allen would probably help our team out more in the future, especially if we trade for picks. Another note, the only trades I listed were WRs, maybe it'd be a good idea to trade for a good corner or a NT.
I appreciate your comments, thanks for reading.