Picks 1 through 17 are in the books.
- Indianapolis Colts - Andrew Luck, QB Stanford
- Washington Redskins - Robert Griffin III, QB Baylor
- Minnesota Vikings - Matt Kalil, OT USC
- Cleveland Browns - Trent Richardson, RB Alabama
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Morris Claiborne, CB LSU
- St. Louis Rams - Justin Blackmon, WR Oklahoma State
- Jacksonville Jaguars - Michael Floyd, WR Notre Dame
- Miami Dolphins - Ryan Tannehill, QB Texas A&M
- Carolina Panthers - Quinton Coples, DE North Carolina
- Buffalo Bills - Riley Reiff, OT Iowa
- Kansas City Chiefs - David DeCastro, OG Stanford
- Seattle Seahawks - Luke Kuechly, LB Boston College
- Arizona Cardinals - Jonathan Martin, OT Stanford
- Dallas Cowboys - Dre Kirkpatrick, CB Alabama
- Philadelphia Eagles - Fletcher Cox, DT Mississippi State
- New York Jets - Melvin Ingram, DE South Carolina
- Cincinnati Bengals - Stephon Gilmore CB South Carolina
Now let's look at the Chargers.
walterfootball.com lists their needs as ...
Rush LB - they signed Jarrett Johnson
S - they signed Atari Bigby
DE depth - they resigned Luis Castillo
C - they resigned Nick Hardwick
So who should they select?
I think the top ranked player is Courtney Upshaw and he definitely would fit in San Diego.
Next you have Mark Barron who I think would be the best pick here. Bigby is hurt too often and signed a two year mainly incentive based contract. There is no telling if he will stay healthy.
Next you have Cordy Glenn who is a beast and would fill their need at guard and he also can step in at left tackle if necessary. So he may have higher value than Barron. But the safety class is weak which could push safeties up the boards. They still could get a guard in round two or three.
Next you have Kendall Wright. Would he fit in San Diego after they signed all these free agents?
Next you have Jonathan Martin who needs no explanation.
Then you have Janoris Jenkins and Dont'a Hightower.
This will be a tough choice for the Chargers.
Courtney Upshaw NFL Draft Analysis - 2010 Season (via TMBDraft)
Mark Barron 2012 NFL Draft Profile (via sbnnfl)
Cordy Glenn NFL Draft Analysis - Boise State (2011 Season) (via TMBDraft)
Janoris Jenkins Highlights 2011 (UNA) (via DJYUNGKOOZIE)
With the 18th pick in the 2012 Daily Norseman Community Mock Draft, the San Diego Chargers select. . .
Courtney Upshaw OLB/DE Alabama (64 votes)
Mark Barron SS Alabama (46 votes)
Cordy Glenn OG/OT Georgia (42 votes)
Kendall Wright WR Baylor (18 votes)
Jonathan Martin OT Stanford (25 votes)
Janoris Jenkins CB North Alabama (16 votes)
Dont'a Hightower LB Alabama (16 votes)
Other? (8 votes)
235 total votes