We've made our way through the first eighteen picks of the 2012 Daily Norseman Community Mock Draft, and here are the results that we have thus far:
- Indianapolis Colts - Andrew Luck, QB Stanford
- Washington Redskins - Robert Griffin III, QB Baylor
- Minnesota Vikings - Matt Kalil, OT USC
- Cleveland Browns - Trent Richardson, RB Alabama
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Morris Claiborne, CB LSU
- St. Louis Rams - Justin Blackmon, WR Oklahoma State
- Jacksonville Jaguars - Michael Floyd, WR Notre Dame
- Miami Dolphins - Ryan Tannehill, QB Texas A&M
- Carolina Panthers - Quinton Coples, DE North Carolina
- Buffalo Bills - Riley Reiff, OT Iowa
- Kansas City Chiefs - David DeCastro, OG Stanford
- Seattle Seahawks - Luke Kuechly, LB Boston College
- Arizona Cardinals - Jonathan Martin, OT Stanford
- Dallas Cowboys - Dre Kirkpatrick, CB Alabama
- Philadelphia Eagles - Fletcher Cox, DT Mississippi State
- New York Jets - Melvin Ingram, DE South Carolina
- Cincinnati Bengals - Stephon Gilmore, CB South Carolina
- San Diego Chargers - Courtney Upshaw, OLB/DE Alabama
This brings us to one of our division rivals, the other NFC North team (along with us) that did not make the post-season party in 2011. I speak, of course, of. . .Da Bears.
I don't know if I'm the only one that feels this way, but it seems like the Bears have had the same needs forever. They filled one of those seemingly eternal needs, wide receiver, by dealing for Brandon Marshall early in the off-season. Of course, since he is Brandon Marshall and he may or may not be completely insane, his availability is a question mark. So wide receiver might still be a need, but not as much as it was about six weeks ago.
Another huge need for the Bears that they've seemed to struggle with forever is the offensive line. They nabbed Wisconsin's Gabe Carimi last year, but he had some injury issues and never really got going in 2011. The interior of the line is a mess, though, and if I were running the Bears, that's the first place I'd be looking.
The Bears have some issues in the secondary as well, and might have an inkling to look in that direction. They could even take a look at a tight end, but I'm not sure if any of the tight ends available in this draft are a good value this early in the first round. They have a couple of other minor needs as well.
So, if you were running the Chicago Bears when they came up on the clock with the 19th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, who would you be selecting for them?
With the 19th pick in the 2012 Daily Norseman Community Mock Draft, the Chicago Bears select. . .
Cordy Glenn, OL, Georgia (223 votes)
Stephen Hill, WR, Georgia Tech (95 votes)
Kendall Wright, WR, Baylor (94 votes)
Mark Barron, S, Alabama (104 votes)
Janoris Jenkins, CB, North Alabama (48 votes)
Dontari Poe, DT, Memphis (100 votes)
Coby Fleener, TE, Stanford (28 votes)
Other (please explain in comments) (34 votes)
726 total votes