Mock Roger Goodell has just announced that the fake Chicago Bears have fake selected Georgia offensive lineman Cordy Glenn with the 19th pick of the 2012 Daily Norseman Community Mock Draft. So, the first 19 picks of the draft look like this:
- Indianapolis Colts - Andrew Luck, QB Stanford
- Washington Redskins - Robert Griffin III, QB Baylor
- Minnesota Vikings - Matt Kalil, OT USC
- Cleveland Browns - Trent Richardson, RB Alabama
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Morris Claiborne, CB LSU
- St. Louis Rams - Justin Blackmon, WR Oklahoma State
- Jacksonville Jaguars - Michael Floyd, WR Notre Dame
- Miami Dolphins - Ryan Tannehill, QB Texas A&M
- Carolina Panthers - Quinton Coples, DE North Carolina
- Buffalo Bills - Riley Reiff, OT Iowa
- Kansas City Chiefs - David DeCastro, OG Stanford
- Seattle Seahawks - Luke Kuechly, LB Boston College
- Arizona Cardinals - Jonathan Martin, OT Stanford
- Dallas Cowboys - Dre Kirkpatrick, CB Alabama
- Philadelphia Eagles - Fletcher Cox, DT Mississippi State
- New York Jets - Melvin Ingram, DE South Carolina
- Cincinnati Bengals - Stephon Gilmore, CB South Carolina
- San Diego Chargers - Courtney Upshaw, OLB/DE Alabama
- Chicago Bears - Cordy Glenn, OL, Georgia
That means the Tennessee Titans are on the clock next, and as far as I can tell most of their needs appear to be on the defensive side of the football. The main need I can see for them on offense is at the wide receiver spot, and there are certainly a couple of quality names that can be had for them at that position. They could probably use some help at center, too, but this might be a little early for the top center prospects.
However, as I said, it appears most of their needs are defensive. They could use help on the defensive line, as Derrick Morgan has been a bit slow to develop, and could look for help either on the edges or in the middle. They also lost cornerback Cortland Finnegan in free agency, so they have an opening in the secondary as well.
So, the fake Tennessee Titans are on the clock. Who do you think they should select?