Note: I had to remove Jonathan Martin because I keep screwing up and want to believe he is still available. Sorry. :(
Picks 1 thru 25 are in the books.
- Indianapolis Colts - Andrew Luck, QB Stanford
- Washington Redskins - Robert Griffin III, QB Baylor
- Minnesota Vikings - Matt Kalil, OT USC
- Cleveland Browns - Trent Richardson, RB Alabama
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Morris Claiborne, CB LSU
- St. Louis Rams - Justin Blackmon, WR Oklahoma State
- Jacksonville Jaguars - Michael Floyd, WR Notre Dame
- Miami Dolphins - Ryan Tannehill, QB Texas A&M
- Carolina Panthers - Quinton Coples, DE North Carolina
- Buffalo Bills - Riley Reiff, OT Iowa
- Kansas City Chiefs - David DeCastro, OG Stanford
- Seattle Seahawks - Luke Kuechly, LB Boston College
- Arizona Cardinals - Jonathan Martin, OT Stanford
- Dallas Cowboys - Dre Kirkpatrick, CB Alabama
- Philadelphia Eagles - Fletcher Cox, DT Mississippi State
- New York Jets - Melvin Ingram, DE South Carolina
- Cincinnati Bengals - Stephon Gilmore, CB South Carolina
- San Diego Chargers - Courtney Upshaw, OLB/DE Alabama
- Chicago Bears - Cordy Glenn, OL, Georgia
- Tennessee Titans - Dontari Poe DT Memphis
- Cincinnati Bengals - Mark Barron, SS Alabama
- Cleveland Browns - Kendall Wright WR Baylor
- Detroit Lions - Janoris Jenkins CB North Alabama
- Pittsburgh Steelers - Michael Brockers, DT, LSU
- Denver Broncos - Stephen Hill WR Georgia Tech
Let me say first that it is very unlikely Denver would take Stephen Hill. They have Thomas and Decker already. They signed Stokely, Caldwell, and Hillis in free agency. Granted these players do not have as much potential as Hill but grabbing Hill is a luxury pick IMO. He is going to be on the bench most of the time. I think they will go with a DT and I think it will come down to Jerel Worthy or Devon Still. For some reason defensive tackles are undervalued here on this board.
But we were suppose to be talking about the Texans right?
walterfootball lists their needs as 2 WRs, 3 interior OL, RT, ILB, NT, SS, K, P, and CB depth.
Houston is obviously upset that the Broncos picked Stephen Hill just before their pick. But they have some nice alternatives.
They can go offensive line with Kevin Zeitler, Amini Silatolu, or Mike Adams
They can go DT here with Jerel Worthy, Devon Still, Brandon Thompson, or Alameda Ta'amu.
They can go CB here with Josh Robinson.
They can go safety here with Harrison Smith. They need a safety too because all they have is Mike Adams and Quin Glover.
They can go WR here and take Alshon Jeffery or Reuben Randle.
They also can go Coby Fleener here as well since they lost Joel Dreesen in free agency and only have Garrett Graham behind him. Daniels is oft injured too.
I think it will come down to Jonathan Martin, Coby Fleener, Dont'a Hightower, Kevin Zeitler, and Alshon Jeffery.
If I am Houston I would take Fleener here. The TE class is not too good and he is the best of the bunch. They can get an offensive lineman later and a WR later too. They may find a NT to develop later as well.
Fleener is #7 overall on the natinalfootballpost board. I think he will create some mismatch problems fro defenses.
Coby Fleener #82: Highlights (via StanfordFball)
Dont'a Hightower Highlights 2011-2012 (via BenjiGridiron)
Kevin Zeitler 2012 NFL Draft Profile (via sbnnfl)
Alshon Jeffery Highlights (via taylorlpage)
Mike Adams 2012 NFL Draft Profile (via sbnnfl)
Jerel Worthy 2012 NFL Draft Profile (via sbnnfl)
Alameda Ta'amu vs Utah (via MetaDraft)
NFL Draft Preview: Rueben Randle (via FoxSports)