We're only two days away from the real draft, which means that Mock Roger Goodell is almost done taking the mock podium. Here he is with the latest pick:
"With the 29th pick in the 2012 Daily Norseman Community Mock Draft, the Baltimore Ravens select..."
"...Peter Konz, Center from Wisconsin."
Even though the Ravens re-signed Matt Birk, nobody expects him to play very much past 2012. Drafting his eventual replacement late in the first round makes sense. So with the Ravens off the board, here's how our draft has broken down thus far:
- Indianapolis Colts - Andrew Luck, QB Stanford
- Washington Redskins - Robert Griffin III, QB Baylor
- Minnesota Vikings - Matt Kalil, OT USC
- Cleveland Browns - Trent Richardson, RB Alabama
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Morris Claiborne, CB LSU
- St. Louis Rams - Justin Blackmon, WR Oklahoma State
- Jacksonville Jaguars - Michael Floyd, WR Notre Dame
- Miami Dolphins - Ryan Tannehill, QB Texas A&M
- Carolina Panthers - Quinton Coples, DE North Carolina
- Buffalo Bills - Riley Reiff, OT Iowa
- Kansas City Chiefs - David DeCastro, OG Stanford
- Seattle Seahawks - Luke Kuechly, LB Boston College
- Arizona Cardinals - Jonathan Martin, OT Stanford
- Dallas Cowboys - Dre Kirkpatrick, CB Alabama
- Philadelphia Eagles - Fletcher Cox, DT Mississippi State
- New York Jets - Melvin Ingram, DE South Carolina
- Cincinnati Bengals - Stephon Gilmore, CB South Carolina
- San Diego Chargers - Courtney Upshaw, OLB/DE Alabama
- Chicago Bears - Cordy Glenn, OL, Georgia
- Tennessee Titans - Dontari Poe DT Memphis
- Cincinnati Bengals - Mark Barron, SS Alabama
- Cleveland Browns - Kendall Wright WR Baylor
- Detroit Lions - Janoris Jenkins CB North Alabama
- Pittsburgh Steelers - Michael Brockers, DT LSU
- Denver Broncos - Stephen Hill, WR Georgia Tech
- Houston Texans - Dont'a Hightower, LB Alabama
- New England Patriots - Whitney Mercilus, DE/OLB Illinois
- Green Bay Packers - Shea McClellin, DE/OLB Boise State
- Baltimore Ravens - Peter Konz, C Wisconsin
Next up: the NFC runners-up San Francisco 49ers. What do they need to add through the draft to be better suited to make the next step? Read on for needs and options after the jump.
The 49ers' biggest need was at wide receiver after their loss in the NFC Championship game, but they have already addressed it in free agency with the Randy Moss and Mario Manningham signings. However, they don't really have a backup plan for Vernon Davis and Stanford's Coby Fleener could add depth to the passing attack.
The Giants didn't just expose San Francisco's lack of pass catchers last January. They also showed that the right side of the 49ers' offensive line was fairly weak. Kevin Zeitler, Mike Adams, and Bobby Massie could all compete for starting jobs right away with San Fran's mediocre incumbent starters.
San Francisco could also use some help at safety. The talent level at that position is very shallow in this year's draft, so if they pass on someone like Harrison Smith now they might have to wait until the later rounds to address it.
Of course the 49ers are picking this late in the draft because they had a pretty darn good team to begin with. They could simply go with the best player available. According to Mel Kiper's Big Board, the only two other players available in the top 25 are Chandler Jones and Lavonte David. Both players could add depth to the Niners' stout defense.
So who would you take if you were running San Francisco? Check out the draft profile videos for each prospect below and vote in the poll.
With the 30th pick in the 2012 Daily Norseman Community Mock Draft, the San Francisco 49ers select...
Coby Fleener, TE Stanford (81 votes)
Kevin Zeitler, G Wisconsin (34 votes)
Mike Adams, OT Ohio State (35 votes)
Bobby Massie, OT Ole Miss (3 votes)
Harrison Smith, S Notre Dame (28 votes)
Chandler Jones, DE Syracuse (18 votes)
Lavonte David, LB Nebraska (10 votes)
Other (share in comments) (10 votes)
219 total votes