Originally this was just a comment that I made on CCNorsemen's awesome "Roster Breakdown" write up (which, if you haven't seen it, you should read it). In it, he does a nice little write up about the pros and cons of each of our positions and which ones he thinks will need some help in the future. The areas of weakness he points out are WR, OL, LB, S, CB, and DT (which I completely agree on). I am just wondering how our community is viewing each of these weaknesses in relation to each other and what needs improvement most direly.
How would you rate
the positions you want to see addressed next off-season?
For me I would like to see:
1. DT -Big-time difference makers in the interior of the line are just too difficult to find, and I don’t see Guion becoming an All-Pro any time soon. Additionally, if Ballard is KWill’s replacement, we will need one great nose to make him look the part.
2. Safety -Between Raymond playing consistently good against great competition and the chance of Smith not being as great as we hope he will become, I think safety will have to be addressed soon after DT. It helps that next years’ safety class has 6 guys I wouldn’t mind grabbing and plugging in immediately.
3. WR -I think between Harvin and Simpson we have all the speed we need. Additionally, I think that with Burton, Wright, and our practice squad guys all showing promise, we shouldn’t be too hasty in finding elite talent. I think finding a receiver to take Jenkins’ place in the mold of Sidney Rice (Tall and can Jump) would make our offensive attack complete while providing good value for our picks.
4. LB -With the good chance of either Henderson or Brinkley not becoming as good as we hope, I don’t see how we can go on with such a mediocre Line backing core barring a HUGE increase of splash plays from Greenway.
5. CB -With both Cook and Robinson we have a TON of potential that will need just a little time to pan out. Also, with added depth from Jefferson and an improving Burton, I am much more comfortable with our present Corners. I am really sad that the end may be coming for Winfield (at least in a few seasons), he has been my favorite player for a couple years. I would like the Vikings to take a chance on a guy like Nickell Robey from USC who has great skills in both coverage and tackling but is viewed as too small at only 5’8".
6. OL -We are young and have had good luck finding guys late in the draft to fill up our O-Line. As long as Loadholt improves and Fusco isn’t a disaster, I don’t see why we shouldn’t continue finding starters in the later rounds (Sullivan and Fusco)
This FanPost was created by a registered user of The Daily Norseman, and does not necessarily reflect the views of the staff of the site. However, since this is a <em>community</em>, that view is no less important.