We took some time editing a two-plus hour podcast, and it's admittedly going to be a little late for us to recap the week. Whatever, we look around the league and talk about what we think of the teams.
- This is Derek Mason, Stanford's defensive coordinator, on "slow-playing" the read option
- Adrian Peterson scouting report on his weaknesses in 2009, from Matt Waldman:
His ball control technique needs improvement. Despite the fact he isn't a frequent fumbler, he seems to lose control of the ball at least once per game because he doesn't keep the ball close enough to his body. His blocking is the worst aspect of his game. He is a liability protecting the QB, especially when he attempts cut blocks. He lowers his shoulders when taking on defenders, but still tends to run a bit upright. He has an injury prone label, but none of should impact his physical skills at this point.
- Here's the 4th Down Calculator from AdvancedNFLStats.
- Here's the Drew Bledsoe hit from Mo Lewis
- Here's a Grantland piece on Chiefs defense, and how schematic changes finally took advantage of the defensive talent.
- I mentioned Tiki Barber when I should have mentioned Marion Barber in the Chicago-Denver game. I was perhaps confused by Tiki Barber's old fumbling problem. The solution to which David Wilson is planning to use, evidently.
Show No MRSA!
Tom Brady Rejection
This is Bomani Jones on C.J. Spiller
Give CJ Spiller The Damn Ball; Bomani & Jones, episode 71 (via sbnbomaniandjones)
As always, find us on iTunes and Stitcher by searching for us in those applications, or subscribe to our RSS feed. We also have one available through SoundCloud, if BlogTalkRadio is not your thing, you can use the SoundCloud feed.