Well, I don't know about you, but in general my fantasy season is heading down the toilet...and fast. In the 7 leagues I'm in, only 2 of my teams sport a winning record. And in 2 other leagues I have 1 measly little win. I took some chances in the early rounds of many fantasy drafts on the following guys with hopes of elite production: Cam Newton, David Wilson, Trent Richardson, Roddy White, Brandon Myers, CJ Spiller and a host of others. Sadly, these guys have all been major disappointments, due to either injury, lack of talent, or unfortunate coaching/team situations.
It's been a rough year for fantasy football. Here are some disappointing facts:
1. Only 16 running backs this year have had a 100 yard rushing game.
3. Not one running back has had 3 or more 100 yard rushing games.
4. Only five tight ends are averaging more than 10 points per game, and only 1 is averaging more than 15 (Jimmy Graham).
5. At the QB position there is Peyton Manning (30 points per game) and everyone else (21 points per game or less).
6. The last two Frigga's Fantasy Football Articles have garnered a measly total of 17 votes in 2 polls, and 4 total comments.
So, in true crash and burn fashion, I've decided to retire the Frigga's Fantasy Football series. I probably didn't need to write a fanpost to declare this (and if history is any indicator, no one will read this one either). But, it seriously took a long time and a decent amount of work to piece together all those cumulative stats and calculate the weekly accuracy ratings. My apologies to the 10s of readers, but based on the feedback I was getting, it wasn't worth it...especially considering that we pretty much know what to expect from our Minnesota Vikings in fantasy football at this point. Unless there is a major petition in the comments section below to keep it going for the rest of year, I'm just going to have to bow out gracefully.
But, if there are any opportunities for discussion about fantasy football here at the DN, you can bet I'll throw in my 2 cents.