Now that the final game of Week 12 of the 2013 NFL season is in the books, we can update you on where the Minnesota Vikings stand in the race for the top overall draft pick in 2014.
If the season were to end today, our favorite football team would select fourth overall. The Jacksonville Jaguars, despite their victory over the Houston Texans on Sunday, retain their hold on the top overall selection, as they have the weakest opponents' win-loss percentage of the three teams that currently sit at 2-9.
The Texans have the second overall selection as things stand right now, while the Atlanta Falcons have moved into the third spot in the race.
Here's how the Top Ten looks after the first twelve weeks of NFL action.
1) Jacksonville Jaguars (2-9, .523 opponents' won-lost percentage)
2) Houston Texans (2-9, .551)
3) Atlanta Falcons (2-9, .565)
4) Minnesota Vikings (2-8-1, .528)
5) St. Louis Rams (3-8, .500, pick comes from Washington Redskins)
6) Tampa Bay Buccaneers (3-8, .574)
7) Cleveland Browns (4-7, .494)
8) Buffalo Bills (4-7, .511)
9) Oakland Raiders (4-7, .517)
10) New York Giants (4-7, .540)
As always, this order is brought to you by the folks from the Great Blue North Draft Report.