This is the check-in thread for the "Slick Like Rick" Community Mock Draft, which will hold at least three rounds and have trades.
The draft is starting in another thread, to be posted, at 12PM CST today.
As a reminder, here are the rules. This differs from last week in that there is a longer lead time for picks because of the trades:
- Picks are made by the person assigned to each team and that person only.
- Users get up to seven minutes per pick (except for the Vikings), and the clock starts when I announce that someone is on the clock.
- Users should not submit a pick until the announcement is made.
- For the teams without a rep or if the time runs out, I'll be making the pick.
- If I or the community think you're throwing your pick, I will make a new pick and you're done.
- If you fear you'll miss your pick, send me a big board - arifmhasan(at)gmail.com
- No one will be the team representative for the Vikings. When the Vikings are on the clock, users should chime in with their ideas and why they like those picks. That discussion shouldn't last too long, and will be used to select the Vikings' picks.
- Trades will be submitted via the comment threads, although no trade is official until I announce it. Trades can start as soon as possible. If you want to backchannel in order to negotiate (email people) that is encouraged. Many users have their email address listed on their profile page (which is embedded to prevent spambots from trawling the email address), so you may be able to contact them directly.
- In order to prevent trades from clogging up comment threads, I will create a new page for trade negotiations and announcements to occur, although I will provide the final announcement in any official pick threads.
- Any trades that fall outside of 100 points of the Jimmie Johnson-derived NFL value chart will be rejected. I understand that there are at least two other value charts that better "price" picks, but the Johnson chart has historically most closely resembled actual trades. I will arbitrarily determine if trades with any players will be rejected. Any trades of future picks will be discounted by half in terms of point value unless there's a good reason not to ("we're selling the farm and expect to have a lower pick than this year," for example).
- On the official trade threads, users should chime in to appropriate trading strategies for the Vikings, which teams they want to target and why. I will handle the final trades for the Vikings in that thread and make the announcements. GMs of other teams are strongly encouraged to keep their teams' interests in mind when trading, especially when trading with the Vikings.
1 Kansas City Chiefs: vikesully
2 Jacksonville Jaguars: DJ Holm
3 Oakland Raiders: MarkSP18
4 Philadelphia Eagles: King VI
5 Detroit Lions: (odark30)
6 Cleveland Browns: vikedawg
7 Arizona Cardinals: cbspga
8 Buffalo Bills: e.vogel15
9 New York Jets: MRVIKE
10 Tennessee Titans: Mondo Peregrino
11 San Diego Chargers: erikanthony
12 Miami Dolphins: Austin Blanch
13 Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Zach_Bodenner
14 Carolina Panthers: purple packer eater
15 New Orleans Saints:
16 St. Louis Rams: mike.longcoy
17 Pittsburgh Steelers: Jimemort
18 Dallas Cowboys : Justrep642
19 New York Giants: goatman02
20 Chicago Bears: vikiesguy1417
21 Cincinnati Bengals: Ty,TheVikesGuy
22 Washington Redskins: SkolKing81
23 Minnesota Vikings: community
24 Indianapolis Colts: statue_left
25 Seattle Seahawks: K0N
26 Green Bay Packers: RelicS13
27 Houston Texans: CCNorseman
28 Denver Broncos: RedHat16
29 New England Patriots: everythingispurple
30 Atlanta Falcons: NotASockPuppet
31 San Francisco 49ers: UGAVike
32 Baltimore Ravens: jdon76
The pick order for the first and second round is as follows (barring someone backing out of a trade):
1. Kansas City Chiefs
2. Jacksonville Jaguars
3. San Francisco 49ers (from Oakland via community trade)
4. Philadelphia Eagles (still open to aggressive trading down)
5. Detroit Lions
6. Cleveland Browns
7. Arizona Cardinals
8. Buffalo Bills (open to trading, it seems)
9. New York Jets
10. Tennessee Titans
11. San Diego Chargers
12. Miami Dolphins
13. Atlanta Falcons (from Tampa Bay via community trade)
14. Carolina Panthers
15. New Orleans
16. St. Louis Rams
17. Pittsburgh Steelers
18. Dallas Cowboys
19. New York Giants
20. Chicago Bears
21. Cincinnati Bengals
22. Washington Redskins
23. Minnesota Vikings (subject to trade)
24. Indianapolis Colts
25. Detroit Lions (from Minnesota via community trade)
26. Green Bay Packers
27. Houston Texans
28. Denver Broncos
29. New England Patriots
30. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (from Atlanta via community trade) (willing to trade up) (subject to trade)
31. Oakland Raiders (from San Francisco via community trade)
32. Baltimore Ravens
33. Jacksonville Jaguars
34. San Francisco 49ers
35. Philadelphia Eagles
36. Minnesota Vikings (from Detroit via community trade)
37. Cincinnati Bengals
38. Arizona Cardinals
39. New York Jets
40. Tennessee Titans
41. Buffalo Bills
42. Miami Dolphins
43. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
44. Carolina Panthers
45. San Diego Chargers
46. St. Louis Rams
47. Dallas Cowboys
48. Pittsburgh Steelers
49. New York Giants
50. Chicago Bears
51. Washington Redskins
52. Minnesota Vikings
53. Cincinnati Bengals
54. Miami Dolphins
55. Green Bay Packers
56. Seattle Seahawks
57. Houston Texans
58. Denver Broncos
59. New England Patriots
60. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (from Atlanta Falcons via community trade)
61. Oakland Raiders (from San Francisco via community trade)
62. Baltimore Ravens
I still need people to take over teams, so sign up in this check-in thread.
If you want to get in on the trading action, head over to the official trade thread.
The trades I have listed so far are thus:
From the Minnesota Vikings to the Detroit Lions: Pick 25 and Pick 102.
From the Detroit Lions to the Minnesota Vikings: Pick 36 and Pick 65.
From the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to the Atlanta Falcons: Pick 13
From the Atlanta Falcons to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Pick 30, Pick 60, Pick 198 and Harry Douglas
This trade is subject to null if Dee Milliner is available at Pick 13.
From the Oakland Raiders to the San Francisco 49ers: Pick 3
From the San Francisco 49ers to the Oakland Raiders: Pick 31, Pick 61, Pick 93, Pick 128 and a 2014 2nd-round Pick
This trade is subject to cancel if UGAVikes wants out because it has not been officially confirmed
Under consideration—a trade from the Vikings to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for their 30th pick. As proposed, it is as follows:
From the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to the Vikings: Pick 30 and Pick 75
From the Vikings to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Pick 23 and Pick 120
Discuss your opinions of this potential trade below. It would move down seven picks in the first to move up 45 picks from the fourth into the third.
If you're an owner, please check in.