Well, that was kind of a shitfest by our first team offense.. Though not all was bad. During Ponder's short stint, I was taking notes and this is what I saw:
Disclaimer: These plays are probably in order, but I'm positive I missed a couple inbetween due to being a slow typer.
- Ponder sacked before he even has a chance. Gotta block better Kalil. Bad Start...
- Very tight window throw to Wright over the middle.
- Standard screen to Jennings, who get's 5 out of it. Almost get's tackled in the backfield, get's away.
- Rudy with a drop off a good throw by Ponder.
- Great touch pass to Rudolph for around 25 yards.
- Sullivan with a early snap saved by Ponder, but for a massive loss.
- In between these Ponder throws are runs by someone wearing 32. Not sure who he is, but he's not very good.
- Great scramble by Ponder for 14
- Ponder showing good pocket presence until he has to throw the ball away due to drifting over into Loadholt's man. Could have been something if Ponder doesn't roll out unnecessarily.
- Ponder side steps one defender, steps up to avoid another, fires a lazer to Rudolph for around 15 yards.
- Like the deep shot, just a bit overthrown and great defense over the top.
- Pass blocking is pretty bad overall. Ponder is getting no help.
- With three men in his face, Ponder dumps it to Rudy for 3.
- Screen passing angle changed by pressure from everywhere again. Incomplete pass.
- Three plays in a row, terrible pass blocking leads to Ponder scrambling for his life and throwing it away.
And Ponder's night is over.
Overall, I think Ponder looked sharp when there wasn't a free rusher coming at him. But between the very bad blocking, poor playcalling (a screen on second and 20+ ?? REALLY??), and no run game whatsoever, his night was derailed from all angles. But it's a team game, so I just can't give him better than a C+
What do you think?