Exciting news for the podcast! We're supported by Audible, the leading audiobook provider on the internet. Today, Norse Code talks about free agency, both specific signings and the platitudes you hear every year:
Download link here. This time the technical problems aren't our fault. There's some echo in the middle that will go away pretty quickly.
- The logic makes sense, but here's a really good model for why free agency is a "loser's market," here referred to as the "winner's curse."
- Sometimes, we don't really know what's going through the minds of players during free agency, but MMQB has a really interesting story on the process involving former Detroit Lions safety Louis Delmas.
- I have a few takes on the free agency signings. The detailed takes aren't up yet, but my quick reactions are. My reaction to the Everson Griffen deal is here—and I talk more than just about his skills. My take on Linval Joseph is here, where I talk a little about his versatility.
- The Jerome Simpson take is here, although it's not special. And my reaction to the Captain Munnerlyn signing is at the same website as the others, here.
- I wasn't around for the Derek Cox deal, but one of the other writers at VT was. I combined my reactions to Matt Cassel and Marcus Sherels. We also had a fantastic story written by one of our other writers on him.
Again, we're proud to be brought to you by Audible, and you can support the show by heading over to www.audibletrial.com/dailynorseman and starting your free trial. There's no better audiobook service than Audible.
As always, find us on iTunes and Stitcher by searching for us in those applications, or subscribe to our RSS feed. If BlogTalkRadio is not your thing, that's too bad because we've moved completely to BTR.