The offseason is exciting! Perhaps it isn't, but we have a podcast anyway.
- I guess Christian Ponder was shaky at OTAs, which is actually kind of new if I recall correctly. Sure, he wasn't great in the regular season, but I don't recall him being poor at OTAs.
- Anthony Barr is a distance learner! Correspondence courses have really advanced far in the past few years.
- Take a look at the OROY odds yourself! I imagine you've been treated to the Vegas win total over/unders, but it makes sense to leave a link to those here.
- If you wanted to see a Vikings fan argue in favor of Lesean McCoy over Adrian Peterson, Brent Labathe, newest writer at Vikings Territory, has you covered.
- You probably heard about Chad Greenway rescuing a boater, so obligatory link. This series of tweets is where the "overcommitted" joke comes from.
- The Colin Kaepernick deal is insanely team friendly.
- Tony Siragusa wants you to guard your manhood.
- Kevin Williams got a call from the Patriots! How nice of them.
- There are some cool home field/home continent effects in the World Cup.
There's quite a few links in the link roundup. The first one was mentioned in the show, and it's why I've changed my mind about whether or not Josh Robinson was redeemable as a starting level corner, even on the outside.
I also took a look at how well teams did in a new stadium. The effect is negligible.
I had opinions about Brandon Fusco being named PFF's Secret Superstar.
Darren Page joined VT as our resident draft analyst. He wrote a fantastic piece on Scott Crichton.
Over at cover32, I took a look at the training camp battle for the fifth receiver, I made the case that Phil Loadholt may be elite, and projected how Adrian Peterson's role will change in the Norv Turner offense. I also asked if the Minnesota Vikings would carry three quarterbacks on opening day.
Again, we're proud to be brought to you by Audible, and you can support the show by heading over to www.audibletrial.com/dailynorseman and starting your free trial. There's no better audiobook service than Audible.
We've also partnered with FanDuel, your world leader in one-day fantasy sports leagues. If you think you've got what it takes to outwit the average fantasy fan but you don't have the time or inclination to play an entire season of fantasy baseball just to prove what you already know, this is your chance to make some real money week-to-week during the season. Draft a new team every day and put your money where your mouth is with Fanduel.com.
If you want to match your initial deposit, be sure to click in the top-right corner and enter in the code "Norseman" so that up to $200 of that deposit will be doubled!
As always, find us on iTunes and Stitcher by searching for us in those applications, or subscribe to our RSS feed.