Last night, I watched an NFL coach spend 3 quarters of a football game attempting to run out the clock. The Arizona Cardinals. . .the Arizona FREAKING Cardinals. . .had two different 20-point leads on the Bears, and somehow managed to lose the football game when Neil Rackers shanked a chip shot field (or what should have been, for him) with under a minute left in the game.
To me, this proves a few things, all of which are intertwined. . .
- The Bears can be beaten, and will be beaten at some point. Anyone that's still thinking 16-0 after that performance needs to be drug tested.
- The Vikings' performance against the Bears was NOT a fluke.
- The Vikings are still the best team the Bears have played this year.
- The NFC North divisional race isn't over yet. Not by any stretch.
- Denny Green still can't get it done in a pressure situation. Hey, Denny. . .Marty Schottenheimer called and said you were too conservative in that 4th quarter.
No more bye weeks for the rest of the year. . .hooray!!