Now that the Monday Night Football contest for this evening is in the books, we finally have an updated look at what the race for the top pick in the 2014 NFL Draft looks like.
Following their loss to the Seattle Seahawks, combined with everything else that took place in Week 11 of NFL action, the Minnesota Vikings now hold the #2 overall pick in the 2014 NFL Draft derby. We had to wait this long to get that figured out because of the strength of schedule tie-breaker. With four teams, including Minnesota, currently sitting at 2-8, the Vikings have the lowest strength of schedule of those four teams.
The Jacksonville Jaguars, the league's lone one-win team, remain in the top overall spot. Here's what the top ten looks like as of right now.
1) Jacksonville Jaguars (1-9, .531 opponents win-loss percentage)
2) Minnesota Vikings (2-8, .540)
3) Houston Texans (2-8, .547)
4) Atlanta Falcons (2-8, .549)
5) Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2-8, .571)
6) St. Louis Rams (3-7, .512, selection comes from Washington Redskins)
7) Buffalo Bills (4-7, .509)
8) Pittsburgh Steelers (4-6, .479)
9) Baltimore Ravens (4-6, .497)
10) Cleveland Browns (4-6, .497)
As always, this info comes from the folks at the Great Blue North Draft Report.