We finally bring you part two of Norse Code, which has a preview of the Vikings' game against the Bears, as well as what we assume are your favorite features of the podcast: the number of the week, and wildly irresponsible prognostications.
We encourage not to listen to your normal morning shows and instead listen to our podcast, because we are smarter and probably not as ugly (because you won't have to look at our faces while you listen).
- It turns out that the Bears defense might be significantly less efficient than the Vikings, according to some metrics. Advanced NFL Stats says the Bears have the 27th-best defense, while the Vikings are ranked 23rd.
- However, Football Outsiders thinks the Vikings are ranked 28th in defense, while Chicago is 17th.
- Bears are 5th-worst in net yards per pass attempt allowed. They are also second-worst in yards per rush attempt allowed. They are also 5th-worst in points per game allowed.
- I talked about the Georgia Tech offense as an inspiration for a new offensive plan, which I discussed here.
- Applications are coming in for UND's football program!
- Correction to the podcast: no games had more than 100 yards in penalties. Hooray!
As always, find us on iTunes and Stitcher by searching for us in those applications, or subscribe to our RSS feed. If BlogTalkRadio is not your thing, that's too bad because we've moved completely to BTR.