Previewing the Eagles game, we go a bit more in depth than we usually do
Download link here.
- Advanced NFL Stats ranks the Eagles as the 5th-most efficient team in the country (and therefore 5th most likely to win against a generic team in the league).
- Football Outsiders ranks the Eagles 10th in weighted DVOA and 11th in overall DVOA.
- Grantland's article on how the running back fits in to the modern NFL is pretty interesting, Worth a read.
- Jared Allen talks about LeSean McCoy and the Eagles offense.
- Much of this gameplan draws upon an article I wrote for Cover32
- Brian Robison, by the way, ran a 4.67 40-yard dash, a 121-inch broad jump, a 6.89 second three-cone (5th best among every defensive end since 1999) a 40.5 inch vertical leap (third-highest among all defensive ends since 1999).
- The most intriguing was that he had a 1.49-second 10-yard split, which would have ranked fourth among all receivers in the 2013 draft and is the best among every defensive end I have data for.
- Chip Kelly is not particularly concerned with changing the defensive gameplan based on the starting running back.
- Toby Gerhart ran a 4.5 40-yard dash. That isn't "fast" but it is faster than the average RB. He has an average shuttle time (4.25 seconds) and a faster than average 3-cone time (6.94 seconds).
- Here's ESPN's pretty good preview for the game, coauthored by Ben Goessling and Phil Sheridan.
- ProFootballTalk reports on the NFL's extension with DirectTV, whose exclusivity arrangement we railed about.
As always, find us on iTunes and Stitcher by searching for us in those applications, or subscribe to our RSS feed. If BlogTalkRadio is not your thing, that's too bad because we've moved completely to BTR.