Hat tip to the man known as Proudhorn for finding this.
Do you want to be a part of the Minnesota Vikings' franchise? Not as a player, obviously, but just some role with the team? Well, if you have the proper qualifications, you're in luck. . .it turns out the team is looking for somebody new to play the role of the team's mascot, Viktor the Viking.
Here's the full description of the job:
- Perform as Viktor at games, in the community, at special events, and other appearances mandated by the organization.
- Maintain the mascot costume, props, and vehicles.
- Coordinate Viktor's schedule and book appearances.
- Increase program revenue by generating additional paid appearances.
- Develop skits and videos to increase fan entertainment value of the character.
- Expand on existing school assembly program to meet revenue goals and create a valuable branding piece for the team's youth fan base.
- Assist with youth related programs such as kid's club programs, regional marketing events and youth football initiatives.
- Must collaborate and work in concert with other entertainment groups such as the Minnesota Vikings Cheerleaders and the Skol Line Drum Line.
- Minimum of 4 seasons of collegiate and/or professional mascot experience.
- College degree is highly preferred.
- The ability and desire to work long, flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must have strong communication and organizational skills.
- Familiarity with Outlook, Excel, Power Point, and Photoshop
- Experience with video production will be considered a plus
• Knowledge of social media tools including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram is required.
*Candidates selected for final interviews will be required to submit a video resume
Well, then. I would think the requirement for "four years of mascot experience" would significantly narrow down the field, but who knows. . .maybe there are more mascots out there than I think there are.
There are a couple of other jobs at the page linked above as well, including one in the sales department. But I thought the mascot thing was more interesting.