This is the official first-round pick thread for the live draft. Please keep this thread and the first-round trade thread open, which will launch at the same time as this pick thread.
As a reminder, here are the rules. This differs from last week in that there is a longer lead time for picks because of the trades:
- Picks are made by the person assigned to each team and that person only.
- Users get up to seven minutes per pick (except for the Vikings), and the clock starts when I announce that someone is on the clock.
- Users should not submit a pick until the announcement is made.
- For the teams without a rep or if the time runs out, I'll be making the pick.
- If I or the community think you're throwing your pick, I will make a new pick and you're done.
- If you fear you'll miss your pick, send me a big board - arifmhasan(at)gmail.com
- No one will be the team representative for the Vikings. When the Vikings are on the clock, users should chime in with their ideas and why they like those picks. That discussion shouldn't last too long, and will be used to select the Vikings' picks.
- Trades will be submitted via the comment threads, although no trade is official until I announce it. Trades can start as soon as possible. If you want to backchannel in order to negotiate (email people) that is encouraged. Many users have their email address listed on their profile page (which is embedded to prevent spambots from trawling the email address), so you may be able to contact them directly.
- In order to prevent trades from clogging up comment threads, I will create a new page for trade negotiations and announcements to occur, although I will provide the final announcement in any official pick threads.
- Any trades that fall outside of 100 points of the Jimmie Johnson-derived NFL value chart will be rejected. I understand that there are at least two other value charts that better "price" picks, but the Johnson chart has historically most closely resembled actual trades. I will arbitrarily determine if trades with any players will be rejected. Any trades of future picks will be discounted by half in terms of point value unless there's a good reason not to ("we're selling the farm and expect to have a lower pick than this year," for example).
- On the official trade threads, users should chime in to appropriate trading strategies for the Vikings, which teams they want to target and why. I will handle the final trades for the Vikings in that thread and make the announcements. GMs of other teams are strongly encouraged to keep their teams' interests in mind when trading, especially when trading with the Vikings.
1 Kansas City Chiefs: vikesully
2 Jacksonville Jaguars: DJ Holm
3 Oakland Raiders: MarkSP18
4 Philadelphia Eagles: King VI
5 Detroit Lions: (odark30)
6 Cleveland Browns: vikedawg
7 Arizona Cardinals: cbspga
8 Buffalo Bills: e.vogel15
9 New York Jets: MRVIKE
10 Tennessee Titans: Mondo Peregrino
11 San Diego Chargers: erikanthony
12 Miami Dolphins: Austin Blanch
13 Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Zach_Bodenner
14 Carolina Panthers: purple packer eater
15 New Orleans Saints: Jennings15
16 St. Louis Rams: mike.longcoy
17 Pittsburgh Steelers: Jimemort
18 Dallas Cowboys : Justrep642
19 New York Giants: goatman02
20 Chicago Bears: vikiesguy1417
21 Cincinnati Bengals: Ty,TheVikesGuy
22 Washington Redskins: SkolKing81
23 Minnesota Vikings: community
24 Indianapolis Colts: statue_left
25 Seattle Seahawks: K0N
26 Green Bay Packers: RelicS13
27 Houston Texans: CCNorseman
28 Denver Broncos: RedHat16
29 New England Patriots: everythingispurple
30 Atlanta Falcons: NotASockPuppet
31 San Francisco 49ers: UGAVike
32 Baltimore Ravens: jdon76
The pick order for the first and second round is as follows (barring someone backing out of a trade):
1. Kansas City Chiefs: Eric Fisher, OT Central Michigan
2. Jacksonville Jaguars: Tavon Austin, WR West Virginia
3. San Francisco 49ers (from Oakland via community trade): Star Lotulelei, DT Utah
4. Miami Dolphins (from Philadelphia via community trade): Luke Joeckel, OT Texas A&M
5. Detroit Lions: Dee Milliner, CB Alabama
6. Cleveland Browns: Ezekial Ansah, OLB BYU
7. Arizona Cardinals: Dion Jordan, DE/OLB Oregon
8. Dallas Cowboys (from Buffalo Bills via community trade): Chance Warmack, OG Alabama
9. New York Jets: Geno Smith, QB West Virginia
10. Tennessee Titans: Jarvis Jones, OLB Georgia
11. San Diego Chargers: Shariff Floyd, DT Florida
12. Philadelphia Eagles (from Miami Dolphins via community trade): Barkevious Mingo, OLB LSU
13. Atlanta Falcons (from Tampa Bay Buccaneers via community trade): Datone Jones, DE UCLA
14. St. Louis Rams (from Carolina Panthers via community trade): Cordarrelle Patterson, WR Tennessee
15. New Orleans: DJ Fluker, OT Alabama
16. St. Louis Rams: Kenny Vacarro, FS Texas
17. Pittsburgh Steelers: Kevin Minter, ILB LSU
18. Buffalo Bills (from Dallas Cowboys via community trade): Alec Ogletree, ILB Georgia
19. Minnesota Vikings (from New York Giants via community trade): Arthur Brown, ILB Kansas State
20. Chicago Bears: Jonathan Cooper, OG North Carolina
21. Cincinnati Bengals: Lane Johnson, OT Oklahoma
22. Carolina Panthers (from St. Louis Rams via community trade): Sheldon Richardson, DT Missouri
23. New York Giants (from Minnesota Vikings via community trade): Bjeorn Werner, DE FSU
24. Indianapolis Colts: Xavier Rhodes, CB FSU
25. Detroit Lions (from Minnesota via community trade): Cornelius "Tank" Carradine, DE FSU
26. Green Bay Packers: Sylvester Williams, DT North Carolina
27. Houston Texans: Keenan Allen, WR California
28. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (from Denver Broncos via community trade): Desmond Trufant, CB Washington
29. New England Patriots: Justin Hunter, WR Tennessee
30. Denver Broncos (from Tampa Bay Broncos via community trade): Damontre Moore, DE Texas A&M
31. Oakland Raiders (from San Francisco via community trade): Jesse Williams, DT Alabama
32. Baltimore Ravens: Eric Reid, FS LSU
33. Jacksonville Jaguars
34. San Francisco 49ers
35. Philadelphia Eagles
36. Minnesota Vikings (from Detroit via community trade)
37. Cincinnati Bengals
38. Arizona Cardinals
39. New York Jets
40. Tennessee Titans
41. Buffalo Bills
42. Philadelphia Eagles
43. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
44. Carolina Panthers
45. San Diego Chargers
46. Carolina Panthers (from St. Louis Rams via community trade)
47. Buffalo Bills (from Dallas Cowboys via community trade)
48. Pittsburgh Steelers
49. New York Giants
50. Chicago Bears
51. Washington Redskins
52. Minnesota Vikings
53. Cincinnati Bengals
54. Miami Dolphins
55. Green Bay Packers
56. Seattle Seahawks
57. Houston Texans
58. Denver Broncos
59. New England Patriots
60. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (from Atlanta Falcons via community trade)
61. Oakland Raiders (from San Francisco via community trade)
62. Baltimore Ravens
I still need people to take over teams, so sign up in this check-in thread.
If you want to get in on the trading action, head over to the official trade thread.
The trades I have listed so far are thus:
From the Minnesota Vikings to the Detroit Lions: Pick 25 and Pick 102.
From the Detroit Lions to the Minnesota Vikings: Pick 36 and Pick 65.
From the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to the Atlanta Falcons: Pick 13
From the Atlanta Falcons to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Pick 30, Pick 60, Pick 198 and Harry Douglas
This trade is subject to null if Dee Milliner is available at Pick 13.
From the Oakland Raiders to the San Francisco 49ers: Pick 3
From the San Francisco 49ers to the Oakland Raiders: Pick 31, Pick 61, Pick 93, Pick 128 and a 2014 2nd-round Pick
From the Miami Dolphins to the Philadelphia Eagles: Pick 12 and Pick 42
From the Philadelphia Eagles to the Miami Dolphins: Pick 4
From the Dallas Cowboys to the Buffalo Bills: Pick 18 and Pick 47
From the Buffalo Bills to the Dallas Cowboys: Pick 8 and Bryan Scott
From the Carolina Panthers to the St. Louis Rams: Pick 14
From the St. Louis Rams to the Carolina Panthers: Pick 22 and Pick 46
From the Minnesota Vikings to the New York Giants: Pick 23 and Pick 83
From the New York Giants to the Minnesota Vikings: Pick 19
From the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to the Denver Broncos: Pick 30 and Pick 125
From the Denver Broncos to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Pick 28