clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Madden NFL 25 Cover Voting Results

New, comments
Brian Spurlock-US PRESSWIRE

If I can channel my inner Maury Povich for a moment.

Adrian Peterson. . .you will not be on the cover of Madden NFL 25!

In what has to be considered at least a mild upset, considering how dominant Peterson had been throughout the "New School" bracket of voting, the reigning National Football League MVP fell to legendary running back Barry Sanders in the finals of the Madden NFL 25 cover voting, according to Kevin Seifert of ESPN.com.

Sanders walked away with 58% of the vote in the finals, leaving Peterson with just 42%. This will actually be Sanders' second appearance on the cover of a Madden game, as he was on the cover of Madden NFL 2000, sharing the cover with Madden himself.

So, for those of you that still believe in the "Madden Curse," it doesn't appear as though the Minnesota Vikings will have to deal with that in 2013.

Congratulations to Barry Sanders on being the cover athlete for Madden NFL 25.