It's been a while since I've written much about the Vikings, and some of that is because of other projects, like one at DraftVikings.com, and other reasons like having my computer break down.
Regardless, one of those projects is a podcast I've been working on with an acquaintance from back when I lived in Grand Forks, North Dakota (go Fighting Sioux!). I've run the idea through Chris, and he agrees that it's a solid addition to the Daily Norseman coverage here.
He's even let us use the name of the podcast he started up way back when (and it's a wicked name).
So, be sure to listen to the first (new) episode of the Norse Code, embedded below. We're starting with thoughts on Christian Ponder.
Some of the things mentioned in the podcast could use reference links, so here you go:
- The XKCD comic I mentioned
- Deadspin on replacement refs
- The probability model for predicting games
- The Jay Cutler tumblr
- Proof that Tarvaris Jackson had at least one good game
- Evidence that Yards After the Catch may be dependent on the quarterback
- A clutchness study I found at Advanced NFL Stats and one at ESPN In$ider
- An explanation of the WPA concept
Tell me what you think, and what should be changed (or added). The second half of this episode will be posted later in the week. And the second episode should see this site on Thursday, right before Training Camp. We'll try to do this every week, even when I'm toiling away at Training Camp.