The sixth episode of Norse Code is here! In this episode, Arif and James talk about the Buffalo Bills game and then look forward into Preseason Week 3 in the game against the San Francisco 49ers.
We also discuss the nature of injuries in the NFL and what might be causing the rash of ACL tears and other lower body injuries in place of the concussions we've heard so much about this last offseason.
- If you want to see how the 49ers and the Vikings played off each other in the last game, you can look at my Game Notes from that game.
- Here's a decent article dealing on the Catch-22 that NFL defenders are faced with in terms of tackling low or high.
- If you have a FootballGuys subscription, take a look at what Dr. Jene Bramel has to say about how injuries affect your drafting strategy. This also serves as a dual-purpose article that lets you know how injury affects overall value and play
- Here's a bit about how teams (like San Francisco) implements the Read Option and perhaps the best link I've provided so far. Seriously, read it.
- Speaking of Grantland, they have two player profiles from San Francisco—here's one on the continuously underrated Justin Smith as well as one on Colin Kaepernick, who is somewhere between Vince Young and Steve Young, depending on who you listen to.
One last thing—you may have noticed that I haven't posted anything in quite some time. There are a number of reasons for that, and they largely revolve around the fact that people close to me have been dealing with family issues (although I myself have been relatively clean in terms of family trouble). I also have accepted a new job and am applying for others, so that takes time as well.
That means no Buffalo notes writeup, despite having a version of them on my computer. If you have questions, ask away!