We begin today's preview with a vocabulary lesson:
[Middle English, from Old French, from Latin depressûra]
- The condition of a compelling or constraining influence causing severe physical, mental, and social distress.
- The force of expectations applied to a sports franchise uniformly over a span of four months, measured in angry FanPosts per SB Nation blog.
- The unpleasant experience of being a Minnesota Vikings fan after an early season loss.
- The linebackers are slow and can't cover anyone.
- The coaches are dumb because they tried to cover Reggie Bush with the slow linebackers.
- Zero sacks against Detroit? Our defensive line obviously can't create any pressure.
- The offense is more predictable than it was during the Brad Childress era. RUN, RUN, PASS IS NOT AN ACCEPTABLE STRATEGY, MUSGRAVE.
- Cordarrelle Patterson and Desmond Bishop are the obvious saviors of their respective units but the coaches won't even put them in the game!
And last but definitely not least...
- The Vikings will never, ever, ever go anywhere with Christian Ponder at quarterback.
"Brady has no one to catch a pass, but at least we don't fumble off of an ass!" (image via i1.mirror.co.uk)
Season so far: 10-6