It turns out that being completely unscripted is not the wild romp you think it is, and instead more about rambling and quick subject changes. Nevertheless, it's a good podcast that covers everything you'd expect: bitcoin and punching cops.
- It turns out that Adrian Peterson was promoting a product called Hyper Ice, which he has used in both his ACL recovery and groin recovery.
- Shortly after we recorded this podcast, I learned how athletes are actually paid by an SEC bag man. It's an awesome story, and I encourage you to read it.
- Remember, unionization doesn't have to be about pay-for-play, as Kain Colter and DeMaurice Smith point out.
- Bitcoins have been ruled by the IRS to be property, not currency, which of course makes them taxable and even more of a headache than if they were currency.
- The Bitcoin controversy was jumpstarted by an exchange going under, which put the entire enterprise up for ridicule
- The Detroit Lions may trade up for Sammy Watkins, which would make the division insanely interesting.
- I found Dusty's list of the top five corners, and they were the comments of a Pro Football Talk article, so there you go.
- These are the new rules the league approved.
As for the link roundups, some of you are aware I've been scouting the incoming class of quarterbacks. I like Teddy Bridgewater a lot, I like Johnny Manziel a little and I figured out Blake Bortles.
One of our writers, Carl Knowles, broke down Andrew Sendejo and Carl's very happy with him.
Another writer, Lindsey Young, just published an interview with Sage Rosenfels! It's really very good.
We have also had a number of guest posts. One of the most interesting pieces I've read so far is this one, where the author speculates on the use of technology to accelerate quarterback development. Another one wanted to tamp down the excitement for Zach Mettenberger. Two wrote about "hope"—one about dumping Christian Ponder, and one about just being a Vikings fan.
Again, we're proud to be brought to you by Audible, and you can support the show by heading over to www.audibletrial.com/dailynorseman and starting your free trial. There's no better audiobook service than Audible.
As always, find us on iTunes and Stitcher by searching for us in those applications, or subscribe to our RSS feed.
Once again, contact me at arifmhasan (at) gmail dot com or the podcast at NorseCodePodcast (at) gmail dot com. Follow us on twitter at @NorseCodeDN or just me at @ArifHasanNFL.