What a difference a weekend makes.
Unfortunately, we can't get a do-over of the past weekend. But what we can provide you on this dreary Monday is an Open Thread. Since the last time we brought you an open thread...
- The whole Adrian Peterson thing happened. There's an entire story stream dedicated to it, which includes the opinions of nearly every writer on this site. Go ahead and read through all the stories if your Monday morning after a Vikings loss wasn't depressing enough.
- The Patriots handed the Vikings an old-fashioned ass whooping in Minnesota's home opener.
- But hey, at least Matt Cassel isn't on a short leash, even after throwing a career-high four interceptions on Sunday. He'll be the starter in New Orleans next week as the Vikings take on the Saints.
- The NFL is a week-to-week league, and Chris explains just how much that was true for the Vikings.
- One slight glimmer of positive news: Special Teams Coordinator Mike Priefer will be back next week. Maybe he can clean up those blocked field goals.
- Speaking of how much of a difference a week makes, Ted gives us his weekly Stock Market Report.
From elsewhere around the World Wide Web:
- The Strib has a complete rundown of everything surrounding the Vikings' ugly loss on Sunday.
- Daniel House at Vikings Corner gives his notebook from the game.
- See video of the Vikings players' reaction to the humbling defeat.
Here's your musical selection for the day, by a band called The Griswolds. Because after yesterday, we could all use a Family Vacation.
You know the drill on Open Threads: no politics, no religion, no trolling, keep the effing swearing down, and keep the GIFs SFW.