We talk Adrian Peterson, autoplay videos on websites, hot takes, Josh Gordon and more.
*****Download Link Here*****
- Josh Gordon genuinely drew rave reviews from his boss at the auto dealership.
- Deadspin followed ESPN down the rabbit hole in "how to create a story out of thin air"
- Clarence Shelmon was the run game coordinator who retired under Norv Turner
- Brett Kern could be the one who competes with Jeff Locke! Unlikely, though. That piece also has the Taylor Mays bit.
- Running backs can contribute more as runners than stats people like to think
- Adrian Peterson's "Win Probability Added" was stellar in 2012, but not quite 1.6 total games, like I theorized—1.24. It was 1.21 in 2013. Caveat, WPA measures against average, not against replacement.
- Here's the story on Kyle Shanahan and his friction with the Washington team. "The disconnect also stems from a belief that the front office placed clear, although indirect, pressure to have Manziel play, a source close to the situation has told ESPN.com. That pressure never came in the form of an order but was tangible and increased as the season went on."
In other podcast news, Vikings Territory is getting its own podcast (we're stealing the Andy Carlson Show)! Listen to that one because it is good and fun.
I went over reserve contract signings Chigbo Anunoby and Leon Mackey relatively in-depth. I also looked at DeMarcus Van Dyke. I encourage you to read them if you're into deep cuts. I did a mailbag, too. I talked Adrian, receivers and running backs in the draft.
Adam had a take on Jabari Price's arrest. He also thinks the Adrian Peterson story will be the biggest story of the early offseason. Brent has his end of year awards started. Lindsey asked if Chad Greenway is going to continue being a Viking.
Darren Page went over "key re-signings" for the Vikings as well.
Speaking of Greenway, did you know he's an avid cyclist?
We've switched RSS feeds, which meant a temporary RSS outage for iTunes. It should be resolved, but you will need to resubscribe. This is the link to that iTunes feed. If not, check out norsecodepodcast.com (also donate there)!
As always, find us on iTunes and Stitcher by searching for us in those applications, or subscribe to our new RSS feed. Once again, contact me at arifmhasan (at) gmail dot com or the podcast at NorseCodePodcast (at) gmail dot com. Follow us on twitter at @NorseCodeDN or just me at @ArifHasanNFL.
As always, find us on iTunes and Stitcher by searching for us in those applications, or subscribe to our new RSS feed.
Once again, contact me at arifmhasan (at) gmail dot com or the podcast at NorseCodePodcast (at) gmail dot com. Follow us on twitter at @NorseCodeDN or just me at @ArifHasanNFL.