The formerly spacious Minnesota Vikings bandwagon is filling up. Huzzah? Most of this week's NFL power rankings put the Vikings in the top five, and all of them have Minnesota ranked above the Packers. It doesn't mean much, but it sounds nice.
Right now the more impressive ranking is the one that has the Vikings at the top of the NFC North heading into Sunday's game against Green Bay at TCF Bank Stadium. Even the newest member of the Vikings' bandwagon knows that this game is incredibly important because of it's playoff implications. Beating the Packers on Sunday would extend Minnesota's lead in divisional standings and give them another win within the NFC North. For the first time since 2009, this rivalry has teeth.
If the Vikings manage to pull off this coup, it would represent a serious power shift within the division, a changing of the guard. The Vikings would no longer be an easy win for the neighbors to the east and the Packers would no longer be seen as the invincible football power house they have been for better part of a decade. That's not to say that Green Bay wouldn't still be a talented and dangerous team, simply that their undisputed superiority in the NFC North would end.
But, on to more important things like sharing what songs are going to be included in our division-leading playlist. I may have issues with prioritizing. I'm really tired today.
In my last piece I requested songs reflecting the Vikings' 2015 success for a Week 11 playlist. At the time I thought this would be easier than a song contest, now I'm not so sure. The songs on this playlist are the ones that received 6 recs or more in the comments section of my previous article. We got a lot of great song submissions so here it is, the Vikings' Week 11 playlist!
- SkolTroll started things off with a whopping 32 recs for Led Zeppelin's "Immigrant Song".
- CCNorseman had 9 recs for Stevie Wonder's "Sir Duke".
- norse_goddess received 17 recs for Prince's "Purple Reign" (misspelled intentionally).
- IASKOL's "The Waiting" by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers had 6 recs.
- highlander8 had 17 recs for Queen's classic "Another One Bites the Dust."
- Aaron Rodger's Beard had 12 recs for retro pick "Leader of the Pack" by the Shangri-Las.
- TeddyBleedsPurpleWater scored 9 recs for Starship's "Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now."
- IASKOL scored big again with 7 recs for Bob Dylan's "The Times They Are A-Changin'."
- Thor82 had 10 recs for Gogol Bordello's "Start Wearing Purple."
- Virginia Viking 17 had 8 recs for "I Think We're Alone Now" the Tiffany cover.
- J-Dog:VikingsSuperFan received 8 recs for Frank Sinatra's "The Best Is Yet To Come".
- Tempslip3 had 9 recs for Daft Punk's "Harder Better Faster Stronger."
- highdesertvike had 9 recs for Chumbawamba's "Tubthumping".
- McDufus received 6 recs for his Lou Stein-inspired salute to Linval Joseph "Who Slammed the Door."
- SDelker had 8 recs for Florence + The Machine "Dog Days Are Over".
- Seasonde received 12 recs for The Jimi Hendrix Experience's "Purple Haze".
- liveforadrenaline had 6 recs for Chicago's "Feeling Stronger Every Day".
- DCPurple had 9 recs for The Heavy's "How You Like Me Now?"
- Ragnarok's Dawn received 9 recs for Dethklok's "The Lost Vikings".
- AlmostCanada scored 8 recs for Tom Petty's "I Won't Back Down."
- AlmostCanada followed that up with 9 recs for Star Wars' Imperial March.
- TiggerSr had 9 recs for Bachman Turner Overdrive "You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet" and "Taking Care of Business".
Thanks to everyone who submitted songs for our Week 11, divisional showdown playlist. Sorry if I messed up any of the links, it's been a day. Gonna leave you with one more song.
Can't wait for Sunday and the possibility of a new age in the NFC North.