In this episode we break down the Super Bowl—much more than just the memorable final play—and talk about the individual performances of some standouts, including a hot take on Tom Brady. We also go over postseason awards and who should have gotten what.
Most of the links are about that play but the podcast largely is not. It's worth a listen if you've had enough of that kind of stuff.
*****Download Link Here*****
- Doug Baldwin's touchdown celebration was 'between me and "guy it was directed at"'
- Here's my breakdown on calling a pass
- Pro Football Focus breaks down the play specifically
- Grantland has a decent breakdown of both
- MMQB has a piece on the play and the call both as well.
- Advanced Football Analytics had an internal division between their model and its creator
- I'm actually not a fan of Skeptical Sports and FiveThirtyEight, but they agree with me so here's a link
- Uh... and Mark Cuban defended the call too, for what it's worth.
- Here's a narrative-driven argument that Tom Brady had a good game (contra to my argument that he didn't), a very good read.
- QuantCoach has a great statistics-driven breakdown of the entire game, which is right now on their home page
We've switched RSS feeds, which meant a temporary RSS outage for iTunes. It should be resolved, but you will need to resubscribe. This is the link to that iTunes feed. If not, check out norsecodepodcast.com (also donate there)!
As always, find us on iTunes and Stitcher by searching for us in those applications, or subscribe to our new RSS feed.