Oh god the offseason keeps going on and it won't stop. We resorted to talking about how much it sucks to be a Vikings fan as well as following things on Twitter and how much that sucks too. ALSO HORSE HERPES.
*****Download Link Here*****
- First things first, check out the contest blogs are holding on Chad Greenway's Lead the Way foundation (and in particular Chad's Locker). Chris has his post here and Adam Warwas at Vikings Territory has his here.
- THIS IS THE STORY ON HORSE HERPES (bonus: there's video footage of people riding fake horses).
- The New York Times article on the most cursed cities in America inspired our discussion on the podcast, and it was supplemented by Bill Simmons' "most tortured sports franchises" helped us along.
- Oh my god Battlebots is back holy crap check out this SB Nation piece on the history of this amazing sport
- I double-checked on which years the Vikings have had three quarterbacks start a game in a single season in the last decade: 2014, 2013, 2011, 2010, 2008 and 2007 (in 2006, 2005 and 2003 there were only two quarterbacks). I conveniently forgot 2012. Oh well.
- Check out Penzey's Spices!
- Here's Kate Fagan a while ago on the uneven footing that comes with comparing ratings between men's and women's sports and equating that to viability. Fagan added a bit here. Here's an example of how development and maturity in a sport can create the kinds of viewing environments that draw eyes in a totally unintentional way: trash-talking and hype.
- Are you the biggest fan of the Minnesota Vikings (or do you think you can convince others that you are?). Enter a contest to win a tour of the new stadium!
- I wrote a number of pieces breaking down the Vikings' future at fullback. Part One here, Part Two here and Part Three here.
- Also, some trivia: do the Vikings have the fastest receiving corps in the NFL? Who are the most athletic players, overall, on the roster?
Remember, if you subscribed previously but aren't getting automatic updates, we've switched RSS feeds. This is the link to that iTunes feed. If not, check out norsecodepodcast.com (also donate there)!
As always, find us on iTunes and Stitcher by searching for us in those applications, or subscribe to our new RSS feed.
Once again, contact me at arifmhasan (at) gmail dot com or the podcast at NorseCodePodcast (at) gmail dot com. Follow us on twitter at @NorseCodeDN or just me at @ArifHasanNFL.