When the Minnesota Vikings travel to Ford Field to take on the Detroit Lions this October, the game will be playing host to the NFL's second-ever LGBT Pride Event. (The first one occurred last year in Tampa Bay at a game between the Buccaneers and the St. Louis Rams.)
According to our friends over at OutSports (via the article linked above), here are some of the things that will be a part of the event.
- Acknowledged as an official LGBT Pride Night.
- Block of seats in the upper level sideline.
- Host a party on the roof top of Ford Field.
- Host a pre-game tailgate with sponsored food and beverages.
- Integrate multiple LGBT community groups including the LGBT Center in SE Michigan (Affirmations).
Organizers of the event say they're expecting 1,400 to 1,500 members of the LGBT community in Detroit to take part in the festivities, concluding with the game between the Vikings and the Lions on Sunday, 25 October.
If you're interested in more information on this event, you can check out the Detroit LGBT Chamber of Commerce website or follow them on the Twitter.