Our roll call of amazing guests continues to this week, and this time we bring in NFL.com's Matt Harmon to talk about his Reception Perception project and grading wide receivers. He's done extremely thorough work and presents it well, and knows a good deal about receiver technique and how pass-catchers win in the NFL. This is well worth a listen.
*****Download Link Here*****
- You can find a lot of Harmon's work at his own blog, the Backyard Banter
- His latest piece is on a receiver not getting much attention, Malcolm Mitchell
- You can look at every draft prospect's results at his site, too.
- Here's that very first Cordarrelle Patterson piece.
- Harmon did an excellent Film Room session with Matt Waldman on Sterling Shepard.
- He also has a piece at NFL.com on Corey Coleman
- Harmon mentioned Steve Smith on the podcast. This is his ode to that man.
- We mentioned Smart Football's take on Baylor's "laziness," which Chris Brown wrote about here.
This is Smart Football's conversation with Matt Harmon on Corey Coleman and the "lazy" routes at Baylor
Also, check out Alex Gibbs on cut blocking in zone running plays. It's good stuff.
To listen to more, this is the link to that iTunes feed. If you can't for whatever reason subscribe via iTunes, subscribe to via our RSS feed, which should support the RSS reader or podcast organizer of your choice.
But we also have a Patreon and that should make it even easier to support the best podcast for your Minnesota Vikings. Check it out here. The website is temporarily down, so if you wanted to donate via Paypal instead of Patreon, head to this link.