Though we paused for a second in our divisional roundup of guests in order to get Andrea Hangst on the show last week, we carry on this week with MLive.com's excellent Justin Rogers. We go through the position battles, life after Calvin, and a potentially resurgent defense.
*****Download Link Here*****
- We mentioned that Rogers was a particularly prolific writer at MLive, and he's got a few links here well worth checking out. The first touches on the fundamental change in the Lions' offense, from gunslinging to YAC-friendly gains.
- It's weird, but we still haven't heard about what will happen with Stephen Tulloch.
- Life after Calvin will be tough, and it's possible that Andre Robert will be one of many hoping to ease the transition
- Defensively, the Lions may have to rely on injury-laden potential bust Kyle Van Noy in order to carry the load at linebacker
- Who's starting opposite Darius Slay? We don't know for sure, but Nevin Lawson seems to have the inside track
- Rogers has a bevy of other news and notes on the Lions roster overall, including an update about the left tackle/right tackle quandary.
- Mike Zimmer had some praise for Bridgewater's deep passing
- Andre Smith sees an entirely different scheme for him in Minnesota
- Xavier Rhodes tested himself against some of the best players in the NFL this offseason
- I wrote a piece on how maddeningly predictable the Vikings offense has been
To listen to more, this is the link to that iTunes feed. If you can't for whatever reason subscribe via iTunes, subscribe to via our RSS feed, which should support the RSS reader or podcast organizer of your choice.
But we also have a Patreon and that should make it even easier to support the best podcast for your Minnesota Vikings. Check it out here. The website is temporarily down, so if you wanted to donate via Paypal instead of Patreon, head to this link.