Ladies and gentlemen, we have reached the number 6 in our Minnesota Vikings By The Numbers series. This is, beyond the shadow of a doubt, the most unproductive number in team history. Rather than going into a big description of these players and what they’ve done, I’ll just list their Vikings’ stats for you. Here’s everyone, in chronological order.
- Jim Gallery, K, 1990: Was on the roster for two games. Attempted zero kicks.
- Jay Walker, QB, 1996 - 1997: Appeared in one game in two seasons. Completed 2-of-2 passes for 31 yards. (Fun fact: Jay Walker has never once been arrested for jaywalking.)
- Bubby Brister, QB, 2000: Appeared in two games. Completed 10-of-20 passes for 82 yards and an interception.
- Hayden Epstein, K, 2002: Was a kickoff specialist for nine games. Released for failing to bring a note from his mother.
- Taylor Heinicke, QB, 2015 - present: Has never appeared in a regular season game.
That’s everybody, folks. Honestly, the game-winning drive that Heinicke led on Sunday in a preseason game against the 49ers is likely the best thing that any Minnesota Viking wearing the number 6 has ever done. In fact, I’m pretty sure that it is.
So, in light of that. . .and given the fact that there’s a chance that he could be unemployed in about 24 hours. . .we’ll just give this one to Taylor Heinicke. Because why not?
Tomorrow we’ll move on to the #5, where we will humor everyone with some choices as though we don’t already know who just about everyone is going to vote for.