Merry Hump Day, y’all!
We’re approaching halftime of this work week. It’s time to start thinking about the weekend, and all of the possibilities with the combination of a weekend and a smoker. I have a hankerin’ for a crab boil, but that’s more of an afternoon creation, and the game is scheduled to kickoff at noon, so I’ll either have to go with another option, or do the crab boil after the game. I must have the food ready prior to kickoff, because when the game comes on, all of life’s other responsibilities are immediately placed on hold. How about you? Anyone have any yummy plans for the game or for the weekend?
Around the DN since our last open thread:
The team made some roster moves yesterday, and Ted has all the details.
Ted has the latest installment of Zim Tzu, and this week, Zim is Razing Arizona.
Chris posted the week 6 version of the Minnesota Vikings Power Rankings Roundup.
Vikings news from other sources and news from around the rest of the NFL:
At Vikings.com, they take a look at the career of Randy Moss on Beyond the Gridiron, Wobby opens the Pick 6 Maibag, and there is a lot more for you to look through in the media vault.
We come to today’s media selection:
Here’s one from back in the late 80s/early 90s. The story about Beckham made me think of it. Enjoy!
Again, we all know the rules, but in case someone is new:
- No discussion of politics or religion
- No feeding of the trolls
- This isn’t a male version of The View, so leave the gender hatred at the door
- Keep the bad language to a minimum (using the spoiler tags, if you must)
- Speaking of which, if discussing a newer show or movie, please use spoiler tags
- No pictures that could get someone fired or in serious trouble with their employer
- If you can’t disagree in a civil manner, feel free to go away
- While navigating the open thread, just assume it’s sarcasm
With that, the beer light is on and the bar is open. Belly up and tie one on. Don’t forget to tip your waitress, and try the pickled northern.