Well, we’ve made it to the weekend, which is always nice. Unfortunately, we’re going to have to wait all day for Sunday Night because the Minnesota Vikings won’t hit the field until the last game on Sunday. But, we should have plenty of good stuff up here for your reading pleasure between now and then, and now the Open Thread is here (even if it is a little late).
Around DN since the last Open Thread
Ted takes a look at the next six weeks around the NFC North, which will determine how this season goes.
The final injury reports are out. The Vikings could be missing quite a few players.
Michael takes a minute to look at whether or not Kyle Rudolph is a reliable starter for your fantasy football team at tight end.
The Vikings made a couple of roster moves on Saturday morning.
Vikings News from other sources
It’s never too early for a mock draft, right?
The Vikings will have quite a challenge on their hands on Sunday night facing Drew Brees.
ESPN debates whether or not Adam Thielen is the best wide receiver in the NFL.
The NFL will be debuting some new technology during this Sunday night’s game.
Roger Goodell sees no reason that a team couldn’t be successful in London.
The NFL trade deadline is on Tuesday. Which teams should be selling?
Lindon Crow, a veteran of what many call the greatest game in NFL history, passed away on Friday at age 85.
Media selection for the indeterminant time period
Again, we all know the rules, but in case someone is new:
- No discussion of politics or religion
- No feeding of the trolls
- This isn’t a male version of The View, so leave the gender hatred at the door
- Keep the bad language to a minimum (using the spoiler tags, if you must)
- Speaking of which, if discussing a newer show or movie, please use spoiler tags
- No pictures that could get someone fired or in serious trouble with their employer
- If you can’t disagree in a civil manner, feel free to go away
- While navigating the open thread, just assume it’s sarcasm.
With that, the beer light is on and the bar is open. Belly up & tie one on. Don’t forget to tip your waitress, try the venison chili and as always, Welcome Aboard and Skol Vikings!